Winter Tire/Rims

DHP

I have a 2011 Journey SXT and within the next few months I was thinking of buying winter rims and tires for the winter months. My question is what about the tire pressure monitoring system "sensor". Do I need to buy a new sensor for each winter rim or can I do without and if so, will this harm the tire pressure monitoring system? Thanks

You need a sensor for each rim-if you choose not to the light will stay on your dash as long as the ignition is on

It also adds a fair bit to the cost of your new tires/rims, i think its like $130ish dollers per tire extra to have senors put onto them...

No way was I going to have the additional expense of installing the TPMS sensors for my winter wheels. The warning ding upon starting and the light being on are very easy to ignore!

Did the same thing on my 2007 Caliber for 4 years. Never had a problem with the system when I put the summer tires back on.

I have a 2011 Journey SXT and within the next few months I was thinking of buying winter rims and tires for the winter months. My question is what about the tire pressure monitoring system "sensor". Do I need to buy a new sensor for each winter rim or can I do without and if so, will this harm the tire pressure monitoring system? Thanks

Took delivery of my 2010 SXT August of last year. Decided to buy winter tires and a set of steel rims but did not get the TPMS. at that time it was $78 per tire, but the problem was that there was a huge back order for these things...So went without them....After a while, you don't even notice the light.

I'd say if most of your driving will be in the city...hold off. But I would definitely go with them if you're always on the highways.