2012's are available at Dealers

So I had my Journey in today for a service, and was walking around the lot... And I found a couple 2012 Journey's there... I didn't take a picture of the Journey itself. It appears to be identical to the 2011 with the new fascia.

One thing I noticed, it did have the VC and BT, and also only the 4.3 screen which was to be expected.

The model I saw was an R/T AWD, but was not very well equipped. No sun roof, no backup camera, etc. There were a couple price changes... the VC&BT option is now $300. The Chrome clad wheels are now $600.

So from what it appears, there really isn't any change from 2011 to 2012.

Attached is the window sticker of the R/T. I apologize for the reflection. Was actually a sunny day and was hard to get a decent picture.

2012.jpg

I'm pretty sure the Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth option was $300 on the 2011's. The Flexible seating group used to be $1375 and the chrome rims were $500, so both items have gone up by $100.

The mark-ups on that vehicle are crazy! Dealer admin - $589, Northern Package - $3462?!? Yikes!

I have my window sticker and the Flexible Seating Group doesn't list Incandescent Stop/Tail Lamp but it does say Easy Entry System Seat. Interesting to note the differences!

The word on the Allpar site is that the Journey will be disco'd in 2014 for replacement with a new platform, thus you can expect there will be virtually no changes from 2011 on. Maybe a new set of wheels, badging shuffle, grille texture etc but nothing drastic.

Did they at least change the look of the chrome clad wheels? They are too much of a tie to the Gen 1 Journey and there are just so many of them out there...a bit stale IMO.

@drb227 - Thanks - For some reason I was thinking the VC was only a $200 correction. I think I confused it with the Booster Seat option.

And yeah - the "Northern Package" is a rip... Mine came with it, but I was able to get them to drop it from the price when I bought my 2011.... The interesting this is the 2012 shown here doesn't have tire and rim protection that was included when I bought mine... The tire and rim protection was a part of the 2011 Northern Package and covers any damage that happens on a public street to the tires/rims for 5 years... So if I hit a curb or something, they will replace the rim/tire. I imagine with the 19" tires, they discontinued offering it due to the price it would cost to fix/replace tires and rims.

It's intersting that ti says Incandescent stop/tail lamp, I looked at the tail lamps, and they were LED same as the 2011's.

@Greer - I didn't notice any difference in the tires to be honest.

The Northern Package is just one line of the last item which seems to include floor mats, fog lght protectors,a hood protector (deflector) and nitrogen-filled tores is NOT $3462 - that number is for the dealer installed accessories, the Northern package, whatever that is (likely a block heater and some different antifreeze mixture) and the dealer's markup (obviously less the holdback).

BT/VC was already priced at $300 for 2011 - I tried to get a unit with it, but no one had any. The 3rd row seating and chrome wheels did go up in price. But personally if I was buying an R/T I wouldn't get them because they tend to corrode around the bead and the valve stems over time.

I wonder that the third row seating deletes the LED tail lights and drops them back down to incandescent - LED lights were one of the 'upgrades' from the SE to the 'SE Plus' The 'tilt & slide' is the 'easy entry' seat, by the way.

And what is the Green Levy? Has David Suzuki managed to convince someone to ding us for more money so they can continue to predfict doomsdays that never appear? I didn't see it on my invoice last week when I collected my brand new '11.

Note - the Hood Protection isn't the bug deflector... It didn't come with one (and the none of the ones on the lot come with them either). My only guess is that it is some kind of plastic shield or something that was on there, but I didn't really notice that either... But I didn't look too closely at it. There didn't appear to be any dealer installed accessories other than was was mentioned under the Northern Package unfortunately.

My window sticker lists LED tails under exterior features,

it also only lists 2 optional packages the Convenience Group 1 -$925

and Flexible Seating Group-$1375.

It has nitrogen in tires and BT/VC listed out for $29,795.

The stickers don't really break down the components when

manufacturers start the package game.

Green levy on sticker but no dollar amount.

Doesn't your sticker describe the major items for the 'convenience group'?

Mine does.

The sticker on the reference one isn't the factory sticker, but it does say that the truck comes standard with LED tail/stop lights and that under the 'Flexible Seating Group/ they put back incandescent lighting out back, which is why I asked the question . . . my understanding is that LEDs were an upsell. Only the base Journey SE comes with them as standard.

Edited by bramfrank

Your sticker breaks down the components in the group . . . the 'preferred package' specifies the two option groups and their charges and under each option group it states what you get.

Note that the 2012 description of the Flexible Seatng Group downgrades the rear lights to incansescent - but your '11 does not - I presume you do have LED lighting out back?

Edited by bramfrank

The sticker you posted was probably locally generated by a secretary . . . often dealers take liberties describing options - e.g. What's a 'lighting group'? The window sticker from my SE Plus (not the original) claims to have it. Chrysler has never heard of it . . . supposedly it was worth $125 - not that I paid for it.

And why are the door pocket lights dimmable when at their brightest they are too dim to be of any use?.

2012s will be deliverable Thursday (Sept 1) according to my dealer. Apparently pricing is up for some options and the vehicles are completely unchanged.

The interesting this is the 2012 shown here doesn't have tire and rim protection that was included when I bought mine... The tire and rim protection was a part of the 2011 Northern Package and covers any damage that happens on a public street to the tires/rims for 5 years... So if I hit a curb or something, they will replace the rim/tire. I imagine with the 19" tires, they discontinued offering it due to the price it would cost to fix/replace tires and rims.

This was actually a $500 option for us. It wasn't included in the price of our Journey. It also includes ding repair and replacement of a lost or damaged key fob among some other things I can't think of right now.