How many MP3s can the 4.3 Uconnect handle?

Got my new ride on Monday. Stuck in an 8 Gig memory stick and the radio only sees the first 256 files . . do I need to put the songs in a subdirectory? Break them up into directories of 256 songs max each?

The manual is useless. It doesn't say anything and it doesn't diferentiate between standard features and options

Edited by bramfrank

I don't have any files that start with '0' - however it clearly only reads the first 255 of them - and they're alphabetic - so I get only the 'A' and 'B' songs and those that start with a digit.

Edited by bramfrank

• 1 month later...

Now I'm really unhappy . . . the dealer called the tech line and was told that 'there is no hard drive and so it can't handle many songs'.

Now THAT is a crock - there is an 8 Gig block of memory sitting in my USB key - and the songs sit there. Any limitations, should there really be any are due to poor coding.

It also doesn't forgive the impact that playing USB-based MP3s has on the controls and touchscreen of my 4.3

This is simply unacceptable. It ain't over yet. Maybe Dodge wants to buy me an iPod?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not that I'm aware of. I usually leave my iPod plugged in, inside the console, and it makes the little power up sound (like when you plug it into a wall charger) every time I start the ignition. Although, worst case, it would only use power until the iPod finishes charging.

Mine seems to get power to the USB port any time I open a door. Right after any door is open, I can hear my iPod's power chirp. Not sure how long it stays on after the door is closed again.