Uconnect

pompy

I am having problems maintaining the uconnect pairing with my Blackberry 8700 and wondering if I am doing something wrong.

In order to receive & make phone calls through the radio my Blackberry must be on and activated ie I have to enter my security code. When this is done it works fine. However, if the Blackberry is idle for 60 minutes it will turn itself off automatically. In the Blackberry options 60 minutes is the max. idle time you can set. Once the Blackberry turns itself off in order to receive or make phone calls through the radio I have to do the pairing process all over again which means turning the Blackberry back on and enter my security code, which is good again but only for an hour.

Surely this is not the way the uconnect is suppose to work so can only summize I am doing something wrong. Uconnect customer service keep referring me back to Blackberry.

Please help.

I am having problems maintaining the uconnect pairing with my Blackberry 8700 and wondering if I am doing something wrong.

In order to receive & make phone calls through the radio my Blackberry must be on and activated ie I have to enter my security code. When this is done it works fine. However, if the Blackberry is idle for 60 minutes it will turn itself off automatically. In the Blackberry options 60 minutes is the max. idle time you can set. Once the Blackberry turns itself off in order to receive or make phone calls through the radio I have to do the pairing process all over again which means turning the Blackberry back on and enter my security code, which is good again but only for an hour.

Surely this is not the way the uconnect is suppose to work so can only summize I am doing something wrong. Uconnect customer service keep referring me back to Blackberry.

Please help.

Sounds like your Blackberry is turning off its bluetooth function. When you loose the connection, are you actually "pairing" your phone again or are you just "reconnecting" its bluetooth connection. Once it looses connection, if you go in the uconnect phone settings, do you still see your Blackberry listed in there or does it disapear completely. Unless it's no longer listed, I would say you need to look at your Blackberry as the problem and not uconnect. You may find help in the Blackberry forums: http://www.blackberryforums.com/

Sounds like your Blackberry is turning off its bluetooth function. When you loose the connection, are you actually "pairing" your phone again or are you just "reconnecting" its bluetooth connection. Once it looses connection, if you go in the uconnect phone settings, do you still see your Blackberry listed in there or does it disapear completely. Unless it's no longer listed, I would say you need to look at your Blackberry as the problem and not uconnect. You may find help in the Blackberry forums: http://www.blackberryforums.com/

Thanks for the info. Once the Blackberry "times out "after the 60 minutes I have to log back on to the Blackberry with my security code. Once that's done my blackberry and the radio are automatically paired again

I have a BB Torch 9800 and I do not have this issue. Our IT Security policy sets the max time out to 30 min and I have my timeout to 2 min for the password. I can make and receive calls just fine with the BB locked.

I suspect your problem is related to the "Allow phone calls while locked" option. Your BB administrator (if you use a corporate BES) may have it locked down so that you cannot make phone calls while the phone is locked. We have our setup to allow phone calls while it is locked (I'm the Network Manager after all :) ).

Under your security setting see if you can enable the option to "Allow phone calls while locked"

DISCLAIMER: If you lose your phone and have this options enabled, someone will still be able to rack up the bill :) LOL

Fred

Edited by derfnl

• Official Dodge Support

Pompy,

Chris from Chrysler Top Care here.

I agree with drfnl's post about allowing calls while locked. If this is not the problem please let me know and I will see what else I can find out for you. If allowing calls while locked does cure the problem please let me know as well and I can pass that along to others having the same issue. Thanks....