Uconnect 8.4N display

My Uconnect display options has the "Display brightness with headlights on" option grayed out so I cannot adjust the nighttime brightness of my display screen. Pretty annoying to have the screen at full brightness while driving at night. The day, night, and auto options seem to have little to do with how it works. My manual has very little detail on this subject. I suppose I am doing something wrong while trying to adjust. I can manually adjust the screen brightness at night using the "Display brightness with headlights off " while driving at night. Clearly, the headlights are on at that time. Odd. I would rather not have to adjust manually every time I drive at night. Can anyone help me with this?

Also, a minor issue. Someone set my sirius radio "favorites" so I see a flagged message whenever that band is playing anywhere on sirius. Anyone know how to unset this?

Thanks in advance. Peace.

As for the favorites. while listeneing to sirius click browse and then favorites and i believe you can delete them from there.

Yep. Thanks, that's correct. Favorites are a cool concept, but a real annoyance in practice. Unless you really have to hear every song on any channel by a certain band. . .