Debadging

Hi, just got a new 2011 Journey R/T, first thing I want to do is remove some of the badges on the back and on the grill. Searched but nothing came up. Anyone know if they will just come off with dental floss and a blow dryer or are they screwed into the body panels? Thanks! Any other easy mods you guys recommend? Low profile antenna etc... Thanks!!!

The badges that are on the back are just attached using automotive tape. A blow dryer will definitely help with removing those. As for the one on the grill, I think that might be a part of the grill and not easily removed (if at all).

EDIT: I just went out and took a look at the front badge... It is secured to the grill via some type of clip so you should be able to remove it.

Edited by Armendegga

The badges that are on the back are just attached using automotive tape. A blow dryer will definitely help with removing those. As for the one on the grill, I think that might be a part of the grill and not easily removed (if at all).

EDIT: I just went out and took a look at the front badge... It is secured to the grill via some type of clip so you should be able to remove it.

Great!!! Thanks for the info!!!

Great!!! Thanks for the info!!!

i removed all mine from the back of my car they are held on stickey glue tape they can be pried off but the best way is to go to a auto parts store and buy a can of bumper sticker remover ( about $5.) less chance of doing any damage to the paint.

• 3 weeks later...

I removed the Journey badge from the rear and the dodge from the grill. I ordered a RT badge for the grill. I was going to remove the dodge lettering from the rear too, but my wife says she likes it. I still think the rear would look alot cleaner without it. What do you guys think? Anyone have pictures of a debadged rear?

I removed the Journey badge from the rear and the dodge from the grill. I ordered a RT badge for the grill. I was going to remove the dodge lettering from the rear too, but my wife says she likes it. I still think the rear would look alot cleaner without it. What do you guys think? Anyone have pictures of a debadged rear?

i removed all the badgeing off the back of my 2011 mainstreet. LOL my wife didnt even notice untill i told her and then she asked me why, she was a little upset. told her it looked better and was eaiser to clean and wax without all that clutter. Was thinking about removeing the dodge from the front but it looks awfull tight for my big fat hands to get to the nuts on the backs