Phone Survey from Chryler re: Uconnct Touch Issues

I just got off the phone with Lisa from Chrysler in Detroit. She called to find out if I had any issues with the Uconnect Touch system. Chrysler must be aware that there are a number of issues with the Uconnect Touch systems in our 2011 Journeys (and Chargers and 300s).

This is what I told her:

- I have no issues personally with the bluetooth system as far as phone connectivity and operation is concerned.

- My main issues are with music playback:

- Album art doesn't always display. I told her that my suggestion is that if the system cannot find a match in the Gracenotes database, it should just display the album art that is embedded in the file (on my SD card or USB memory stick) or find it in the iPhone/iPod (assuming they have access to it)

- For a very small number of my songs, the system displays the wrong artist name. Usually, the name has no bearing at all to the actual artist name. I am 100% sure that the ID3 tags are correct for these songs, so I have no idea where it is getting the artist names from.

- Voice control of music playback does not work at all. Commands like "Play the artist, play the album, play the playlist" never work. I always get "Command not recognized". Voice control for anything else in the system always works for me, just never for music playback.

I forgot to tell her that the tracks in an album are always sorted alphabetically, not in track order. I will call her back later and tell her that.

She told me that an engineer is scheduled to meet with her on Monday to review the results of all her calls. I gave her my cell phone number and told that I would be happy to be called at any time to answer any further questions.

I plan on calling her back next week to see if she actually did spend time with an engineer. I want her to know that we are very interested in getting all issues fixed.

Yes.....I am quite interested in when they will fix all the Uconnect issues. Especially the track order for albums. Also has anyone else noticed that some albums the Uconnect splits them up into individual songs? On my iPod and iPhone and Itunes they all show correctly in actual albums but about 50% of them are split up when connected to the system... :(

So, Lisa called me back today. She actually called yesterday but I wasn't able to take the call then.

She said that the Chrysler engineers are well aware of the issues with the voice command not working for controlling music playback and with the album art not always showing up. She said they have an update that has been tested and is ready to be released. It should be release some time in August but the update has to be done by the dealership. She will call me back when the update is released and will give me the RRT number, to ensure the dealership can find the update. I 'm hoping this update will be released by the time I'm due for my next oil change, which will be in 3 weeks.

I did also mention to her about the tracks on an album being shown in alphabetical order, instead of track order. She wasn't sure if that fix is included in the update but she will pass it on to the engineer.

Progress!!

She didn't say and I didn't ask but she knows that I am in Canada. It would have to be an update for North America at a minimum. I would imagine it will be worldwide at some point.

I will update this post as soon as I get the call back from Lisa that it has been released.

It's too bad that we can't just install it ourselves!

She didn't say and I didn't ask but she knows that I am in Canada. It would have to be an update for North America at a minimum. I would imagine it will be worldwide at some point.

I will update this post as soon as I get the call back from Lisa that it has been released.

It's too bad that we can't just install it ourselves!

Yeah...it is too bad....a simple download then burn to cd/dvd and install...oh well. For me it will only be the inconvenience of having to bring my vehicle into the dealer as the warranty covers the updates to items that do not work properly. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I called Lisa for an update a few days ago and she called me back. She said she searched and couldn't find any info that the update was released yet. She said she has asked the engineer she was working with for an update and said that she will definitely call me once the update has been released.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same issues with my 8.4n radio, the voice command recognician is terrible! Is there a way to contact Lisa and talk to her about issues with the radios?

Also, the radio does not reconize our zune either, so we can't play our content on there. The bluetooth connection to listen to audio is also very distorted.

Hope these issues get fixed, and it's not going to end up as "too bad, so sad" since the 2012's are coming out!

I doubt you'll ever see Zune support on the uConnect - beyond the fact that Microsoft had no market share, the darned things are close to being discontinued if they haven't already been.

It's too bad, because it was an amazing product - I got my daughter one of their 8 Gig ones a few years ago . . . in every way superior to an iPod.

However you certainly CAN play your content through your 8.4 . . . but you'll need to plug in via the analogue input and control the player manually.

As to contacting 'Lisa' - I gather she works for Chrysler Canada . . ..

Edited by bramfrank