New Journey R/T owner in Surrey, UK

SteveC

Had my 8 month old Dodge delivered on Friday. One weekend with it so far and I'm enjoying it. Everyone I know is stunned that Fiat are pulling it from the market - no-ones heard of it and they're all impressed at the price, MPG and style...

Got some learning curve on the VES/UConnect system but everything else is good (do need to keep reminding myself to use 6th gear though!)

One question I guess, how to allow the kids to listen to a movie while I listen to the readio - headphones I guess, should I have received a pair with the car?

One of the remote keys is unreliable - going to change it's battery before I worry about it unduly!

I thought you might get a kick out of a couple of photos...

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247297_10150198519867203_673677202_7536009_536544_n.jpg - that's it in my drive.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/247253_10150198409637203_673677202_7535169_2312859_n.jpg - that's the first visit to the gas station. £1 = $1.60 or so, so that full tank cost me in the region of $165.

Edited by SteveC

Isn't the Journey being replaced by the Fiat Freemont in Europe???

Yeah, but a Fiat isn't a Dodge now is it? Not to mention that the VW 2.0l Diesel is a big selling point.

Actually looked at the fiat replacement before and thought they'd changed it more than they have. Just a new grille and new engines so maybe it'll be a big success!

Got some learning curve on the VES/UConnect system but everything else is good (do need to keep reminding myself to use 6th gear though!)

One question I guess, how to allow the kids to listen to a movie while I listen to the readio - headphones I guess, should I have received a pair with the car?

One of the remote keys is unreliable - going to change it's battery before I worry about it unduly!

SteveC I hope you're still enjoying your Journey! About the VES, I'm still learning it myself (had mine for 3-4mo). To use two different audio outputs, use the VES button under menu, turn it on and turn on your wireless headphones. Hopefully your car came with some, if not they're gonna cost you about $100US. The upside of buying the stock kind it that they have are 2-channel, meaning you can have 3 different audio sources playing in the car at once! Just found this option and love it!! FM radio out of channel 1, HDD out of channel 2 and IPOD out of speakers! Awesome, hope you enjoy it. Oh, if you're needing headphones check out

http:\\www.coastaletech.com

SteveC I hope you're still enjoying your Journey! About the VES, I'm still learning it myself (had mine for 3-4mo). To use two different audio outputs, use the VES button under menu, turn it on and turn on your wireless headphones. Hopefully your car came with some, if not they're gonna cost you about $100US. The upside of buying the stock kind it that they have are 2-channel, meaning you can have 3 different audio sources playing in the car at once! Just found this option and love it!! FM radio out of channel 1, HDD out of channel 2 and IPOD out of speakers! Awesome, hope you enjoy it. Oh, if you're needing headphones check out

http:\\www.coastaletech.com

Yeah, I figured it was capable of multiple sources for the headphones/main speakers.

Does the VES come with headphones when you buy it new? I got the dealer's ex-demo. They didn't tell me it didn't have the headphones so I think I'll be arguing that they should be paying for a pair if they can't find the original.

Also, I'm in the UK so I'm not sure that the US headphones will be on the same frequency... Not seeing anywhere on the net selling them in the UK though.

Edited by SteveC