2011 Journey delayed over 3 WEEKS because

So our 2011 Journey mainstreet was delivered to the dealer over 3.5 weeks ago. usually when the vehicle arrives at the marshalling center(chrysler employee spot where they pick up their cars) it takes a few days for the people to get the insurance and get the plates on and all that other crap that's a pain when you're normal owner of vehicle.

so my father asked the marshalling after a week, why can't we pick up our journey yet(they usually call when it's ready). they said there was a problem with it and they sent it somewhere else to get it fixed. not a big deal, cause it's going to be a company lease, so my dad really didn't care.

SO TODAY, MY DAD GOT THE PHONE CALL AT WORK FROM THE MARSHALLING CENTRE THAT OUR JOURNEY IS READY TO PICK UP. (he's going to pick it up tomorrow, can't wait. :shift: )

WHEN MY DAD ASKED, WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT THE MARSHALLING CENTRE SAID THAT THE JOURNEY DIDN'T COME WITH A CARGO MAT, AND THAT THEY HAD TO ORDER IT AND IT TOOK A REALLY LONG TIME FOR IT TO GET TO THEM. SO THAT'S THE STORY, HOW CRAZY IS THAT, A NEARLY MONTH WAIT FOR A CARGO MAT. :drool:

no biggy though, my father is picking up the journey tomorrow and will be turning in our slow 2.4 2010 journey.

i will post many pics, but there will be a different thread for that. :camera:

good to know there wasn't a major problem with our journey.

Wow, incredible! I guess they didn't factor in the inconvenience to you guys over a cargo mat!! Well anyway that turned out better than I was thinking (assumed maybe the vehicle was damaged in transit). So you get it for the weekend, that's awesome!

I have one piece of advice for you...stay off the gas pedal! Last week I was passing traffic and got nailed speeding. It was not intentional, nor was I trying to be a speed demon, but this 3.6 really honks when you hit the plunger. Resulting in a $500 ticket.

$500? YIKES!

How fast were you going over the limit? What all did they nail you for?

96 in a 60 (kph of course). Just a speeding ticket, no other infractions attached. I was just passing traffic. I was in disbelief so much that I ask to see the radar gun.

I think I said in an earlier post, the 3.6 is very powerful in the mid to upper rpm range - the power doesn't wane. So you really have to watch your speed it will take you by surprise. And as in my case, not neccessarily in a good way.

• 3 months later...