MyFord Touch

drb227

Had to take my wife's Fusion in for service today. Had a chance to sit in a 2011 Edge Limited on the showroom floor that had the MyFord Touch system. Here's a couple of quick impressions:

- As much as I like the 8.4" Uconnect Touch screen in my 2011 Crew, I think the Ford system has much sharper graphics and text.

- I like the 4 corner system they have for Phone, Nav, Climate and Audio.

- It is REALLY slow to respond to any button press. My Uconnect Touch's response is lighting fast.

- Due to the smaller screen size(which is very noticeable when you are used to the 8.4" monster screen!) and the way the displays are laid out, you don't get as much info on the screen as you do with the Uconnect Touch system. This was very noticeable when listening to Sirius radio. Unless the song title was very short, you only saw the first few words of each song title. The title also didn't scroll. Not sure if it has that ability but it definitely wasn't doing it during the 15 minutes I had to play with everything.

I'm still very happy with the 8.4" Uconnect Touch system but there is always room for improvement!

I totally agree with everything been said by drb227. I would also add the following :

UConnect advantages :

- The UConnect can be used with gloves, not the myFord touch.

- MYFord touch is really not as user friendly as UConnect.

MyFord Touch advantages :

- MyFord touch updates can be downloaded and installed by the owner (through the usb port). For UConnect you need to go to the dealer (that sucks :S)

- MyFord touch has 2 monitors on the dash, UConnect only one (the EVIC center).

- The buttons on the steering wheel of the myFOrd touch are greatly disposed and easy to use. The UConnect EVIC buttons are disposed awkwardly and not natural.

• 2 months later...

- MyFord touch updates can be downloaded and installed by the owner (through the usb port). For UConnect you need to go to the dealer (that sucks :S)

For the record -- the UConnect is user-flashable -- we all got an update recently that could be done via the USB port.

Had to take my wife's Fusion in for service today. Had a chance to sit in a 2011 Edge Limited on the showroom floor that had the MyFord Touch system. Here's a couple of quick impressions:

- As much as I like the 8.4" Uconnect Touch screen in my 2011 Crew, I think the Ford system has much sharper graphics and text.

- I like the 4 corner system they have for Phone, Nav, Climate and Audio.

- It is REALLY slow to respond to any button press. My Uconnect Touch's response is lighting fast.

- Due to the smaller screen size(which is very noticeable when you are used to the 8.4" monster screen!) and the way the displays are laid out, you don't get as much info on the screen as you do with the Uconnect Touch system. This was very noticeable when listening to Sirius radio. Unless the song title was very short, you only saw the first few words of each song title. The title also didn't scroll. Not sure if it has that ability but it definitely wasn't doing it during the 15 minutes I had to play with everything.

I'm still very happy with the 8.4" Uconnect Touch system but there is always room for improvement!

I'm VERY happy with my Uconnect. The thing that I noticed most about the Ford system is it is so S L O W. When I'm driving, the last thing I want to do is wait for my screen to change. With my Uconnect, everything is lightning fast.

I'm VERY happy with my Uconnect. The thing that I noticed most about the Ford system is it is so S L O W. When I'm driving, the last thing I want to do is wait for my screen to change. With my Uconnect, everything is lightning fast.

My wife has a Ford, and the SYNC voice recognition is terrible, and slow.