Watching Movies while driving (anyone know how with the 8.4n)

There's no way do to this right now... at least none that I know of.

Previous systems have had modifications available that allowed for movies and GPS text entry while moving, but the new 8.4n doesn't yet. Search for "in motion hack" to read about this mod for the mygig (and possibly other) systems.

I'm keeping my eye out for any potential work arounds to this as well. It would be nice, for example, for the passenger to be able to input GPS searches and what-not while moving...and the movies for the kids would be cool, too.

Lemme know if you find anything, too...

I was aware of the movies one, but I didn't know about the GPS one until just the other day. Was driving around and my buddy was trying to put in an address and the address button was greyed out... I thought something broke, or it couldn't get a signal or something... Pulled over to take a look, then when I stopped it let me adjust. Hopefully there will be some kind of a workaround. It would have been nice if it went based off a sensor in the passenger seat or something and detected that maybe there is someone else trying to do it. lol

That's a novel idea, Armendegga. I believe there's already such sensors in place for the airbag. You'd think the Chrysler engineers wouldn't find it that hard to tap off that signal to lock / unlock the GPS, too.... <shrug>

Can't pair a new Bluetooth device either when driving. My wife tried to pair my iPod touch via Bluetooth, couldn't while driving..

I seriously hope there is no way to unlock to allow for movies to be watched on the 8.4 while driving. Sure, your kid just wants to play some games, but then some other moron is going to do it so he can watch movies while he's driving and end up killing someone on the highway. No, no, no. Just buy an iPad for the kids to play with on trips.

• 3 weeks later...