2011 New Bumper Front License Plate Holder

ponchdmr

2011 Journey R/T over here... it was a custom order, and everything has been great with it. However, one annoyance is that my front license plate was bolted directly onto my bumper. There isn't even a flat spot to mount it, so it's actually on a bit of an angle. The rest of the styling is so good, but this just cheapens it. The dealership claims that there is no license plate holder available for this model. Did anyone get one with their 2011 with the newer bumpers?

2011 Journey R/T over here... it was a custom order, and everything has been great with it. However, one annoyance is that my front license plate was bolted directly onto my bumper. There isn't even a flat spot to mount it, so it's actually on a bit of an angle. The rest of the styling is so good, but this just cheapens it. The dealership claims that there is no license plate holder available for this model. Did anyone get one with their 2011 with the newer bumpers?

Hi, you beat me to the punch on this topic. I complained about the exact same thing when I picked up my car 9 days ago. I also have the latest fascia.

The dealer also told me there's no front license bracket. Well that's partially true. I checked with a parts buddy at another dealer and he checked for me. There is one, but it's on a nation-wide back order. So I called my selling dealer, gave them the part number, and told them they should order one for me (and I don't expect to pay for it either).

My plate is simply bolted on at an angle - it looks crappy. I'm going to make some spacers up in the mean time, for the top plate bolts and at least get it straight.

I pulled my license plate off yesterday to see what I could do in terms of adding spacers, etc. to make it look nicer. To add insult to injury, the dealership messed up on a 1st attempt to mount the license plate. I have a second set of mounting holes hidden behind the license plate! WTF!

I pulled my license plate off yesterday to see what I could do in terms of adding spacers, etc. to make it look nicer. To add insult to injury, the dealership messed up on a 1st attempt to mount the license plate. I have a second set of mounting holes hidden behind the license plate! WTF!

Perhaps the 2nd set of mounting holes are to mount the bracket to the fascia. I'm guessing the holes holding the plate on currently are ones the dealer made and not supposed to be there.

• 5 weeks later...

I kept in touch with the dealer regarding this license place bracket, and just picked it up today. I had also noticed that some of the newer deliveries had been including the bracket. If anyone is interested, the part number is 68140112AA.

Luckily, this bracket just barely covered the extra set of holes made by the dealership.

I have a new journey with NO holes in the front plastic bumper,Calif law says I gotta have a front plate . So now what ? drill two holes but then you cant reach behind to get nuts on the back.

You just need to drill 2 small pilot holes and then use self-tapping screws of the appropriate size.

I have one that came with my car. I live in Saskatchewan and it is not mandatory to have a front plate. I would be willing to sell it for $15 plus freight to someone in Canada.

I'm like Saskguy we live in the same province, I'm at work now but I'll check when I get home for mine. I also have one for my PT convertible and my van (got a new front bumper after I damaged it).

Terry

• 1 month later...

I just bought my new Journey and had the same problem with the front plate just screwed on the bumper and sticking out at a bad angle. After going back and forth with the dealer I had no satisfaction. Today I found the front bracket in the rear under floor storage. It was in the bag with the cargo net. Luckily the holes matched up with the ones drilled by the dealer. What an improvement it makes! the car is beautiful again, not some bucked tooth mutant. I am still going to try and take my complaint regarding my very poor customer service treatment by the sales manager up the ladder in Chrysler Canada.