Text message readout

So I noticed in the phone area, it shows that there is an option to have your messages read out over uconnect. I cant get this to work with my Iphone 4. When I go to messages, it shows incompatible Bluetooth version.

Does anyone have a phone that this works with?

I can confirm it does NOT work with either my phone (a Sprint Samsung phone) nor my wife's Blackberry.

I, too, would be interested in hearing if anyone has a phone where this feature works. I'm replacing my phone soon with the HTC Evo 4G (Sprint)...it runs Android. We'll see, I guess!

I can confirm it does NOT work with either my phone (a Sprint Samsung phone) nor my wife's Blackberry.

I, too, would be interested in hearing if anyone has a phone where this feature works. I'm replacing my phone soon with the HTC Evo 4G (Sprint)...it runs Android. We'll see, I guess!

I have the HTC Desire; also an android phone. It doesn't work. It is up to the phone manufacturers to revive this feature.

I would think the phone has to be trying to read the message to you first. This is a feature in the drivesafe.ly app on the blackberry. I can get it to read messages to my bluetooth headset, but not to the uconnect on my 2010 Journey. Sounds like it would work on yours. And it looks like they have versions for lots of smartphones.

http://www.drivesafe.ly/

The SMS over Bluetooth feature is only supported if the phone maker has included Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) in their Bluetooth implementation. Very few manufactures have done this to date. I think it will start to be more common this year, as the upcoming new touchscreen Blackberries (Torch 2 and Bold Touch) will have Bluetooth MAP added. I really hope Apple adds MAP to their Bluetooth implementation with iOS 5.

Drivesafe.ly is totally different and would not function with the messaging feature of Uconnect. You may be able hear it reading over bluetooth but it's not the same thing as what Chrysler is supporting.

I wasn't aware that OS 6 has built-in MAP support. I took a 9700 that was upgraded to OS 6 and paired it with my Journey but the Text Messaging button stayed greyed out. I kept it connected for about 10 minutes just to be sure.

No idea why the Text Messaging button didn't light up.

Does anybody have a phone that does work with the text messaging feature in the Journey?

• 4 months later...

Yes, it was checked. I unchecked it, waited a minute, then checked it again and waited a few minutes. No go.

Just curious if anyone is yet to be successful integrating their phone with the Uconnect "messaging" functionality?

I recently purchased a new phone, HTC Sensation 4G, which has the bluetooth profile MAP (message access profile) which is enabled for SMS. When I press the message button on the Uconnect I am still notified that the feature is not supported on my phone. Based on all these responses, I'm more inclined to think its the Uconnect with the problem, not my phone.