Hi:

I have a 2011 Journey and had a few questions regarding using a iPhone 3GS thru the USB port.

1) If the car if off the USB will not charge my iPhone. Any thoughts on a setting to change this so that it is a live port even when the vehicle is off.

2) When I am playing music thru the USB from my iPhone it will not display the artwork nor can I browse thru my music except by song title. When you have around 1700 songs it is pretty difficult to move around. There is a button for browsing, but it is grayed out?

3) Any thoughts on how/where Dodge has software/firmware upgrades for the UConnect software.

I love this car, but it is really frustrating with the "technology" end. I can see from several users that this is the biggest point of frustration.

I am using an iPhone 4 and am having several issues with the way the system handles music playback.

In answer to your questions:

1) The USB port is not powered when the vehicle is off. No way to change this via any settings.

2) Ditto. I have no idea how the Uconnect touch system handles this but it is most definitely not doing it correctly. I have the same issue with artwork when using an SD card. It is also, in a few cases, not displaying the correct artist name when using the SD Card. I had the same issue with the browse button not appearing for the first week or so but now it shows up every time my iPhone or SD Card is plugged in. Maybe it had to do some sort of indexing and it took a long time to compete???

3) Only upgrades I know of currently are for the Nav system at www.garmin.com/chrysler but there aren't any updates there yet. I really hope Chrysler will release user installable updates for the Uconnect system!

Still have been unable to find any decent online source for uconnect updates for the 2011's. Having the same issues as you, in regards to playback, no information or artwork showing.

This weekend I had the opportunity to playaroumd with it and found that after having it plugged in for about 30 min the browse button and artwork appeared. I think it had to index it before working. I unplugged it and plugged it back in the next day and it was instantly there.

UConnect is a collaberation between Chrysler, Panasonic, and Garmin. I was able to find these three names in an online article about UConnect:

Allen Kudla, Panasonic’s senior vice president for sales and marketing

Marios Zenios, head of Connectivity and Infotainment for Chrysler Group LLC

Cliff Pemble, Garmin’s president and chief operating officer

Marios Zenios has two contact people listed on his bio page (executive assistants?) Maybe we should email these guys and express our concerns with the UConnect system.

UP, I think if we contact anybody, it should be Marios Zenios' contacts, since they are at Chrysler.

I'm all for contacting them about our concerns/problems. The more of us that do it, the more likely we are to have something done about it.

I am definitely going to put something together this weekend and send to them on Monday.

I am also going to start a new thread about all the problems we are having with Chrysler's 2011 Uconnect touch systems (4.3 and 8.4), so that we keep everything in one location.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up my 11' RT early this week and I was having the same issues previously stated with my iPhone 4 and the nav unit only listing song titles...

I ended up giving up on it and switching back to radio while leaving my iphone connected to charge during my drive home. Decided to give it one last shot later that night, plugged it in and it just worked and has so ever since without any problem.

Artwork loads, and I am able to search through artist and album that way the unit was advertised.

I should mention I have approx 6000 songs on my iPhone say maybe it just took a little while to load everything?

But are you able to switch artist, album, song using voice command?

Can't speak for that, my journey did come with the 8.4n head unit but was missing the Uconnect optio

For some reason even though it was one of our demands while choosing the vehicle. Sales guy said this one came with it... And it didn't.