Anyone have the new Journey with the new front Fascia

topofnewyork

Well every where i look online I see the Jouney with a different fascia then the one that came with my car. I thought at first it was just going to come out with the Fiat version. Now I see it even on the dodge website. Anyone know why we didn't get this front fascia instead? When they start selling this new fascia I will get one for the Journey.

I really wish I had gotten this new front fascia!

I read in one review (can't remember which one) that the new fascia was going to be put into production sometime in late Feb or early March.

So any news on the front fascia yet?I am holding out till this comes out and wont get the new journey without that.

My wife bought a '11 Mainstreet AWD 2 weeks ago and the front end of hers is different than the website so I'm guessing it must be the new one!

Ok thanks for the info.I will wait until my local dealer has these available.

Where about are you located by the way I am in BC Canada

so hopefully these models with the different fascia will be available here soon.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife bought a '11 Mainstreet AWD 2 weeks ago and the front end of hers is different than the website so I'm guessing it must be the new one!

i'm sorry but you have the old fascia, the one of the website is actually the new fascia, not the old one. and yes, please when someone gets one with the new fascia, please post.

hopefully ours will have the new fascias.

• 2 weeks later...

The new performance front fascia are in production as of March. I live in the Detroit area and I'm starting to see them at dealership, the new fascia is not available on the low line. I waiting on my RT I ordered it was built in March with the new fascia. Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
I got the Journey Lux with the new front fascia

This seems to me, probably the biggest single issue that we have on this forum. IMHO both fascias are good looking, Personally I feel there should be a difference between model years, the front fascias are to me a good idea.

Some may say the "newer" fascia on the 2011 is more aggresive and sportier, which it probably is. Because I have and so many others have a 2010 or 2009, I may be a little more partial to the so called "old" style. Some may say this is a little jealousy, but seriously it's not. Originally I did like the new fascias better but have changed my mind somewhat. I want people to know that there really is no right or wrong answer here. I sincerly hope that everyone who is expecting the "new" fascia receives the "new" fascia on their 2011 vehicle. I know that 2011 will be remembered as a difficult year for not only Journey owners but many vehicle owners in general.

The point I want to make here is that the new fascia as good looking as the newer fascia is, it borrows many of it's styling cues from existing vehicles mostly notably the G.M. Torrent and the Hyundai Sportage. I had last Friday off and I looked at many cars coming towards me and noticed many different front ends. In addition to the vehicles already mentioned, the Chevy Avalanche. several Mazda models among others have a very similiar front fascia to the new Journey.

As I said before there should be a visible difference between years of the Journey. IMHO, I think the dash of the 2011 is much better than my 2010 but I like the "Chill Zone" and the rear DVD player that was in my Journey. We all do small things to make our vehicle more indidual to us. I like the R/T emblems that several forum members have added to their cars, so much so that I have ordered a pair of them for my vehicle. For my car I added some chrome trim to the edge of my Hood and Sunroof air deflectors. I have also added that same trim to my black valance below my front grill. To me it looks okay, others may differ and I have no problem with that. Some may not like the chrome 3 "Buick" portholes that I have on my car, personally I do.

Personally I find it interesting the mods that people do to their cars, we may not like them all which is fine. I think this came from my convertible PT and the mods done to it. :)

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 3 months later...

I have the old fascia on my 2011 crew and honestly I love the way it looks with the honey comb grill... Admittedly I prefer the new rear fascia with the diffuser minus the new reflectors on the bumper... Again this us about personal choice...

• 1 month later...

I believe a part of the 'new fascia' play was to get rid of the old Dodge logo with the Ram head in it ... which is becoming the logo for the Ram lineup, which is being spun off into it's own brand. That's why you don't hear "Dodge Ram" anymore - just "Ram". Personally, I really like the new look for 2011/2012. And the updated interior that goes with it. :)