New 2011 Lux

UPMedic

Wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Use the screen name UPMedic (pronounced "You Pee"...it refers to an area known as the "Upper Peninsula").

Just picked up a new 2011 Lux with all the options. All black.

Looking forward to learning more about this vehicle. I've always sought out "the" forum for every car I've owned, and have always found the boards to be an excellent source of information.

Cheers.

Welcome!

I assume you have the Uconnect voice command w/Bluetooth option?

I am having no luck getting my voice command to change songs, artists, albums, etc, when using either my iPod connected via USB or an SD Card. Any chance you could try it out and let us know if it works for you? Haven't found anybody yet for whom this works.

Thanks!

Welcome!

I assume you have the Uconnect voice command w/Bluetooth option?

I am having no luck getting my voice command to change songs, artists, albums, etc, when using either my iPod connected via USB or an SD Card. Any chance you could try it out and let us know if it works for you? Haven't found anybody yet for whom this works.

Thanks!

Yes - we have the UConnect voice stuff. I tried that out and saying things like "next song" isn't recognized. :( Maybe we can hope a future update will address this?

The buttons on the back side of the wheel work great, though, for cycling through songs.

Page 163 in the manual shows the voice commands for controlling music playback. NONE of those commands work for me, regardless of type of music media - iPhone via USB, USB memory stick, CD or SD Card.

Would really like to know if anybody has any luck getting these commands to work.