remote car start

thejermz

I think what the original poster is saying is that you can't get them from Chrysler at this time. I'm waiting as well, supposedly they have lost their supplier that makes the remote starter kits and they are on back order. I E-mailed Mopar about a month ago and they estimated that they won't have stock until late January or early February, still waiting, winter will be over soon.

Edited by krustywalnuts

Have you looked for an after-market one? Yes you would have an additional fob, but most after-market ones that I have seen have a longer range, longer running time and sometimes additional options. Not sure what the cost of the OEM was but around here you can get one installed from 100$ and up. Just a thought for ya.

• 4 weeks later...

When I was shopping for my 2011 journey my dealer told me the same thing, that Chrysler had lost a supplier and was having issue with getting remote starters. I ended up buying the crew model which already came with the starter in the package. In reality if your looking at the sxt with the convenience I package because of the starter you might as well spend an extra 1000$ and upgrade to the crew. It not only comes with the starter, but also includes, 19 wheels, hearted seats, dual climate control, electric seats, DVD, USB, Aux, memory card slot, satellite radio and 8.4 media screen. Small price to pay for all those extras.

Hope this helped.

• 6 months later...

My dealer said there's no Mopar/factory version to install, but they have an aftermarket unit that they've done lots of installs on and have not received any word of problems with. They're adding it Tuesday morning before I get delivery. Not sure what the brand or anything is, but it's $500 at their cost ... guess we'll see how it is when I pick it up!