Rear Bumper

Cableguy

I have a 2010 Journey SXT 3.5 V6. I picked it up mid November 2010 and I now have about 7500KM on it. I noticed that the rear bumper is a bit loose by the rear wheels and have read about the other issues related to this. I mentioned to my wife not to kick the built up snow from around the mud flaps but to use the snow brush we have. She and I do this in order not to flex or possibly break the mud flaps in our cold Canadian winter( minus 34 Celsius one morning). One cold morning (-28C) morning I noticed some snow built up so i removed as much as is could without bending any of the plastic body parts therefore some was still left. As my wife and I drove down the road. We came to a stop and just as we started to move we heard a loud cracking noise. Upon inspection I was expecting to see a mud flap broken off but to my surprise the rear bumper cover was cracked and the mud flap and inner fender was ok while the remaining piece of snow I tried to remove was on the road. Now I could see this piece being broken if I had backed into something or got hit from another vehicle but for a piece of snow behind a wheel to do this seems strange. I've seen some of the other things that have been mentioned about the rear bumper and mud flaps. Its my opinion that this is a defect or design flaw with the rear bumper. Also these plastic pieces are not made for winter weather. Let me know what any of you think?

I have a 2010 Journey SXT 3.5 V6. I picked it up mid November 2010 and I now have about 7500KM on it. I noticed that the rear bumper is a bit loose by the rear wheels and have read about the other issues related to this. I mentioned to my wife not to kick the built up snow from around the mud flaps but to use the snow brush we have. She and I do this in order not to flex or possibly break the mud flaps in our cold Canadian winter( minus 34 Celsius one morning). One cold morning (-28C) morning I noticed some snow built up so i removed as much as is could without bending any of the plastic body parts therefore some was still left. As my wife and I drove down the road. We came to a stop and just as we started to move we heard a loud cracking noise. Upon inspection I was expecting to see a mud flap broken off but to my surprise the rear bumper cover was cracked and the mud flap and inner fender was ok while the remaining piece of snow I tried to remove was on the road. Now I could see this piece being broken if I had backed into something or got hit from another vehicle but for a piece of snow behind a wheel to do this seems strange. I've seen some of the other things that have been mentioned about the rear bumper and mud flaps. Its my opinion that this is a defect or design flaw with the rear bumper. Also these plastic pieces are not made for winter weather. Let me know what any of you think?

Post some pictures when you can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

i have the same problem with my 2010 dodge journey sxt mine is pretty loose too

• 1 month later...