2010 SXT written off - name down on a 2011 Crew

zmttoxics

Well, the 2010 Journey was amazing. I didn't even get a year out of it but I loved every trip I took in it. My girlfriend was hit while driving and the car is being written off (see attached photo).

I got lucky though as my dealership has a brand new silver 2011 crew edition sitting on the lot. So of course I put my name down it. The 2011s are VERY different from the 2010s and everything I can find says its for the better. I don't think there is anything extra on it from the crew model. Here are the specs: http://www.dodge.ca/en/vehicle_home.php?np=Journey&mc=JOU_CRW

Wish me luck!

dscf4654o.jpg

Edited by zmttoxics

Oh, so that's where the battery is...

Lmao. Oh my, that really did make me laugh. That was actually the first thing I said when I got to the accident. Awesome.

Looks things are on track for me to get my new Journey early next week. The depression is leaving and the excitement is rushing in. I am going to go look at it tonight actually. :D

Lmao. Oh my, that really did make me laugh. That was actually the first thing I said when I got to the accident. Awesome.

Looks things are on track for me to get my new Journey early next week. The depression is leaving and the excitement is rushing in. I am going to go look at it tonight actually. :D

Please let me know how the 2011 Journey is when you get it.I'm thinking about trading in my 2010 for the 2011 but I'm scared and cant make my mind up.I'm currently still paying for my Journey so don't know how getting the new Journey will affect me.My dealer sent me a letter stating that they are gonna give me a better interest rate if I upgrade since I never missed a payment in the year of owning the journey.

I like the new interior in the journey but what I'm really interested in is if the new Journey gets better gas mileage and some specific numbers about it.Currently I'm getting around 14.5 and I'm really disappointed with that.

Also I like to know the difference in power compare to the 2010 since you owned one you could be of great help to me in deciding if i should go forward with this or just stick with my current Journey.

I never have had any problems except the bakes in the front which were replaced by the dealer for free but I hope they fixed this issue on the new ones.

Cheers and good luck to you with your new ride.

Can do!

I went and saw it and boy was I impressed. Thew crew edition is just awesome. They are supposed to be better on gas, but I can't really compare. I didn't even have 8k on the 2010 journey but I did drive the caravans for a while and I was expecting to pay what I was paying for the journey so it never really bothered me. I am most excited for the remote start really. The girlfriend had locked her keys in the 2010 while it was running the week before I was in talks with the dealership about installing a remote start. Perfect timing. :D

• 9 months later...

Well, the 2010 Journey was amazing. I didn't even get a year out of it but I loved every trip I took in it. My girlfriend was hit while driving and the car is being written off (see attached photo).

I got lucky though as my dealership has a brand new silver 2011 crew edition sitting on the lot. So of course I put my name down it. The 2011s are VERY different from the 2010s and everything I can find says its for the better. I don't think there is anything extra on it from the crew model. Here are the specs: http://www.dodge.ca/en/vehicle_home.php?np=Journey&mc=JOU_CRW

Wish me luck!

dscf4654o.jpg

Was there more damage than what we can see? That sure doesn't look like enough to write it off.

If all the air-bags were deployed the cost to replace them is also taken into account........On thing that does scare me about the battery location is living in Canada and road salt and liquid de-icing being used, The wiring and connections are so close to the wheels and road..........My old 4X4 93 Sidekick had the main Fuses above the left front wheel which over time caused my trouble with the famous"GREEN" copper connections..........Caper.........

Yes the battery location gave me some cause for concern also,

after owning a Caliber where it was accessible and somewhat

protected it's different.

My concern was that on the Caliber if you had any funny electrical

problems you could reset the CanBus/TIPM back to programmed

or neutral state by disconnecting the battery and holding the cables

together and drain residual system charge level.

Edited by bigtsr