2010 Journey Fog Light Replacement Bulb - PSX24W

RAV

One of my fog lights is out on the Journey.

Manual shows bulb is PSX24W.

Dealer part number is L000PSX24W.

BULB COST IS $45.70 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew a dealer only part would be expensive but this is ridiculous.

Any options for getting this online? My searches have come up empty.

Thanks,

RAV

PSX24W is a Chrysler part number, but the Standard number for aftermarket bulb is H16, or 9009. Unfortunately, Stores like Pepboys and Autozone hardly carry those either. They works on a Charger.

But if you are looking for replacement bulb online, go with those number.

I usually order my light bulbs from

http://autolumination.com

They have Almost every bulb type, color, LED conversion in the world. However, sometimes u will find the shipping cost more than the bulb.

But if you intend to do LED or change ur fog Color to Purple, Pink, yellow, etc... This is a very reliable site.

If you plan to do HID conversion,

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

But Dodge Vehicle needs Relay and some electrical modification, or a Error code eliminator kit from the Site above.

for HID, Only use 35watt kits, do NOT use 55watt.

Yes, i know $45 for a bulb is just a rip off.

Personally, i've used H16 HID kit on a Charger, works great. HOWEVER, i've read some complaint about the Connector for 9009/H16 bulb is loose on dodge Vehicle, I donno if they did it wrong, or what. So if that turn out to be true for you, please don't blame me.

Edited by steak

PSX24W is a Chrysler part number, but the Standard number for aftermarket bulb is H16, or 9009. Unfortunately, Stores like Pepboys and Autozone hardly carry those either. They works on a Charger.

But if you are looking for replacement bulb online, go with those number.

I usually order my light bulbs from

http://autolumination.com

They have Almost every bulb type, color, LED conversion in the world. However, sometimes u will find the shipping cost more than the bulb.

But if you intend to do LED or change ur fog Color to Purple, Pink, yellow, etc... This is a very reliable site.

If you plan to do HID conversion,

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

But Dodge Vehicle needs Relay and some electrical modification, or a Error code eliminator kit from the Site above.

for HID, Only use 35watt kits, do NOT use 55watt.

Yes, i know $45 for a bulb is just a rip off.

Personally, i've used H16 HID kit on a Charger, works great. HOWEVER, i've read some complaint about the Connector for 9009/H16 bulb is loose on dodge Vehicle, I donno if they did it wrong, or what. So if that turn out to be true for you, please don't blame me.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately H16 looks like a 45 watt bulb. I think the 9009 is the same wattage.

Take a look at my last post in this thread:

You can not use a higher wattage bulb in these plastic lenses with the smaller wires.

I'm not finding any better deals. Before I buy this bulb, I'm going to meter out the socket to make sure power is getting there.

Wonder if this is covered under warranty. The car is 15 months old.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately H16 looks like a 45 watt bulb. I think the 9009 is the same wattage.

Take a look at my last post in this thread:

You can not use a higher wattage bulb in these plastic lenses with the smaller wires.

I'm not finding any better deals. Before I buy this bulb, I'm going to meter out the socket to make sure power is getting there.

Wonder if this is covered under warranty. The car is 15 months old.

nope, bulb is only covered under 12/12,000miles waranty.

Well, if you don't feel comfortable with H16, you can get away with LED. perhaps do Yellow Fogs like a Lexus with HID.

Metering those Sockets are quite painful, holding the socket and the meter leads like a chopsitck. i found it easier to just swap the left and right bulb.

Edited by steak

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Now have my third fog light to replace.

When the last 2 burned out, and I had to pay $40+ for each bulb, I saved the sockets in order to construct some LED conversion bulbs with the materials.

Yesterday I found these LED fog lights on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/PSX24W-Light-Replacement-Bulbs-White/dp/B006FYI5WU/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1335954329&sr=1-1

$22 for a pair - $28 shipped.

I'll advise the group on how they work out.

When the last 2 burned out, and I had to pay $40+ for each bulb, I saved the sockets in order to construct some LED conversion bulbs with the materials.

Yesterday I found these LED fog lights on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...35954329&sr=1-1

I bet the LED ones will look nice, but they probably won't throw much light on the road or be very usefull (by looking at the reviews). It looks like you have to trim them to fit the original socket too, is that true? They must not be an exact replacement then...

• 8 months later...

Yesterday I found these LED fog lights on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/PSX24W-Light-Replacement-Bulbs-White/dp/B006FYI5WU/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1335954329&sr=1-1

Has there been an update to this? Do they fit without modification? Hows the light output? Blew my first fog light the other day and I'll go without before I spend $40+ dollars on a single bulb. At the rate Dodge is going this may be my last Dodge purchase.. Which is sad bacause my immediately family has 9 Dodge vehicles between them..

Thanks for the request for an update.

The bulbs are still going strong and look neat - nice modern light blue tint. (I would install HIDs in the headlights to match but that is not in my plan)

The bulbs need to slightly trimmed for the tabs to properly work - no big deal - just take your time.

Brightness - though not spectacular - is about on par with the previous bulbs (that don't do such a great job). These bulbs are more for making the car extra visible on the road. ( I find silver cars to be somewhat prone to be overlooked on the road and lights on - all the time - is a great safety addition)