New Owner in Indy

joekris1

Well we are now new Journey Owners. We ordered a black with tan inerior SXT AWD on April 4th. It was delivered to the dealer May7th and we picked it up Friday May 9th. It replaced a 1999 Dodge Intrepid, we bought in 2001 with 19K miles. It had been a Chrysler program car and over our time of ownership a very good car. Despite all the negatives about the 2.7 engined version our 3.2 ES model was rock solid. Our other vehicle is 2000 Tahoe, so we have a something for pulling the boat etc. During my wife's new car search she originally saw the Journey on a internet ad in mid-March, we started looking at several different cross over style vehicles and quite hinestly, nothing really compared to us. I was originally convince an Equinox or the Pontiac Torrent was going to be the choice, but a few minutes with the Journey totally turned my mind upside down. As the now empty nester targeted owners (3 girls out of college and one with 2 years left) I think we probably fit the profile Dodge anticipated. Sedans are boring, a minivan was totally unacceptable, already have a SUV that gets poor mileage (not a surprise just fact). So 3 days into ownership and 180 miles later I'll post a new update in the "It's here" section. Good to hear the stories and look forward many years of rewarding ownership.

Welcome to the forum joekris. We are enjoying our Journey (Red SXT FWD) as well, but we are at the other end of the target market...young couple, young kids (2 years and 2 months), hate minivans but need more room. They pegged me. Chrysler did their research on this one.

Welcome to the forum joekris. We are enjoying our Journey (Red SXT FWD) as well, but we are at the other end of the target market...young couple, young kids (2 years and 2 months), hate minivans but need more room. They pegged me. Chrysler did their research on this one.

Wow that was fast 1 month. We order ours on May 2nd dealer told us 6-8 weeks but four weeks would be great. Can you share what options you got. Thanks Brenda From Denver Colorado

Well, maybe I will finally see another Journey on the road in Indy now! I live in Avon and work downtown at Lilly but have yet to see another one on the road (and I have had mine since March 15th)! I am over 3000 miles and have not had any issues with it so far!

See you on the road!

Well I'm in the middle I have two kids at home one in high school and the other in grade school. Dodge did a great job on the Journey it fits our life style. I sure miss my RAM but not the diesel bill. As for Brenda From Denver Colorado I was born in Denver but live in Clovis NM......... GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat

well looks like we Journey owners cover the whole spectrumof life experience, we have 4 girls 2 now married with 3 grandkids,all here in town. Brenda, we purchased the SXT/AWD. We added the Convenience Group 1, the Premium Convenience Group, Infinity Sound, Family Value Group, Safe and Sound Group and Power Sunroof. KWIRGES, we are on the northeast side of Indy, I also work downtown but my wife gets the Journey. I have only seen 1 other on the road, actually at the grocery store. We hope to put soem miles on this upcoming weekend, but the first few days have very positive. Looking back I would not change a thing about the selections. We'll keep an eye out for you.

We are in the same situation and considering purchasing a journey. We have a 15 month old and 1 month old. Just wondering....did you purchase the 5 seater or 7 seater and did you get the booster seats. I'm on the fence on both and was wondering what other people in the same situation are purchasing.

We ordered the 7 seater just incase our 2 kids want to bring some friends along. Our kids, ages 12 and 8 love the idea of the new Journey (when it gets here). You do sacrific a little storage area if you choose the 5+2 seating but at least this way we will never say "should have gotten the 5+2). The seats will be folded down mostly. and we will still have room for all we need.

Rob

We chose the 5 passenger version, with the booster seat option. With the limited number of times we would use the 2 additional seats it made sense for us. The booster seats from what we can tell so far are an ingenious solution to the very important but often cumbersome child safety and restraint needs. Rob's concept of oredering so you never have to say "I should have...." is certainly valid for a growing active family, and I would guess based on how long you keep the Journey, it would be a plus in the resale value.

We were in the market for something with a 3rd row, and the built in booster seats sold me. I wouldn't recommend adults in the back seat for a long time, but if we wanted to go somewhere with friends, the kids could fit in the 3rd row just fine. My 16 year old sister (5'3") had plenty of room the other night.

We were in the market for something with a 3rd row, and the built in booster seats sold me. I wouldn't recommend adults in the back seat for a long time, but if we wanted to go somewhere with friends, the kids could fit in the 3rd row just fine. My 16 year old sister (5'3") had plenty of room the other night.

AM I correct in assuming you can put child seats in the back seats as well if we were to get the 7 seater?

AM I correct in assuming you can put child seats in the back seats as well if we were to get the 7 seater?

I don't think the teathers are in the 3rd row. But nothing a little mod would fix. It would still be hard to get a kid in a carseat back there but It would be do-able.

We also have the booster seats as well. My daughter is 8 and I got her to sit in a Journey and she could barely see over the window. She is tiny for her age so she thinks it's cool to have an option just for her to use. My 12 yr old son on the other hand is like a brick $*it house, what a bruiser. he is way too big for those booster seats :hysterical: We plan on keeping this car forever so we got everything we could but the smoker's group.

I can see if you plan on flipping the car in a few years, why bother with some of the options because they (the manufacturers) are always upping the stakes and coming up with "new, better & improved items".

Rob