Replace rear turn signal bulb

Well for this first time I now have to replace a rear turn signal bulb or any bulb.

Does anyone know what the average cost of having a dealer or an auto shop to do the job?

Thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, larryl said:

If it's LED I think the whole unit has to be replaced not really a bulb?

correct if they have led, which I have for the brake bulbs ,,the turn and back up bulbs can be replaced with regular bulbs or replace with led bulbs as I did,,.but mine has a sticker on the unit saying it has to be serviced by a dealership.... that said just remove your unit and see if it has that sticker if so you might want to see how much Thur the parts department it would be or call your local junk yard for a used replacement or check on amazon/rock auto parts

2 hours ago, 2late4u said:

correct if they have led, which I have for the brake bulbs ,,the turn and back up bulbs can be replaced with regular bulbs or replace with led bulbs as I did,,.but mine has a sticker on the unit saying it has to be serviced by a dealership.... that said just remove your unit and see if it has that sticker if so you might want to see how much Thur the parts department it would be or call your local junk yard for a used replacement or check on amazon/rock auto parts

I just double checked. Note able to remove the lens cover or pull the trim tabs to remove the bulb. (No tools for this procedure)

From what I can see there is just a standard every day auto bulb.
It looks like it is plugged in to a socket that turns.

The bottom portion is LED.

Checked the manual it lists a bulb number 7440A and the LED portion says see dealer.

I will call dealer and get a price.

From manual (FYI)

Rear Tail/Stop Lamp LED (Serviced at an Authorized Dealer)
Rear Tail (Liftgate) Lamp LED (Serviced at an Authorized Dealer)
Rear Turn Signal Lamp WY21W or 7440A
Backup Lamp W21W or 7440

if its the turn signal or backup bulb ...it is real easy to replace it yourself with just a couple of flat screw driver, also some auto part stores might change it out for you when you buy the bulbs from them about a 10-20 minute job..here is a site that shows on how to to do it,,,or check out you tube as well.........https://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Dodge-Journey-Tail-Light-Bulbs-Replacement-Guide/index.html