iPod/Uconnect problem

Hi all. I've recently bought a 2010 SXT model with Uconnect. I'm based in the UK and have a UK model so the answer I'm looking for might only be from someone who has a UK model. Basically, Uconnect comes with a front USB port which I can plug my iPod touch into. The iPod charges, but is there any way I can actually play the music from the iPod on the Uconnect system? I can't see anything in the manual that comes with Uconnect system that suggests this is possible, but as this is 2010 I really hoped it would work!

Thanks for any advice.

Uconnect is used for bluetooth capabilities. IF your Journey is equiped, you should have an Ipod connector within your glovebox. If you do you need to purchase an Ipod connector cable from your dealer. If not, use your AUX port to plug your Ipod....

Uconnect is used for bluetooth capabilities. IF your Journey is equiped, you should have an Ipod connector within your glovebox. If you do you need to purchase an Ipod connector cable from your dealer. If not, use your AUX port to plug your Ipod....

I'm not sure the UK system is the same as the US one - there is no mention of iPod connectivity in the manual. Does the US model have a USB port into the sound system? In the UK model all you can use it for is to transfer music from USB sticks onto the harddrive, you can't seem to play music directly from it. TBH, kind of disappointed with the Journey's sound system, the one year old Sony CD player in my other car has a USB port I can just plug the iPod into and it works fine, kind of expected this to be the same. :(

I'm not sure the UK system is the same as the US one - there is no mention of iPod connectivity in the manual. Does the US model have a USB port into the sound system? In the UK model all you can use it for is to transfer music from USB sticks onto the harddrive, you can't seem to play music directly from it. TBH, kind of disappointed with the Journey's sound system, the one year old Sony CD player in my other car has a USB port I can just plug the iPod into and it works fine, kind of expected this to be the same. :(

I just plug the IPOD into the interface cable in the glovebox, set the sterio to AUX and enjoy the sound. The Uconnect is for hands free connectivity with your cellular phone

I just plug the IPOD into the interface cable in the glovebox, set the sterio to AUX and enjoy the sound. The Uconnect is for hands free connectivity with your cellular phone

Yes, I refer to the Stereo system as Uconnect. Sorry for the confusion. I'm surprised the iPod doesn't work through the USB connection on the stereo system as my Journey is the 2010 model but not much I can do about it. I don't have an AUX button my my system, only a media button that then shows HD/Disc/AUX on the screen, but AUX isn't selectable - I think that is just for equipment you connect via the phono socket.

My wife has a 2010 R/T with the top option Radio/Nav/MyGig (screen is at the top of the dash, not the bottom). The factory window sticker on the car lists "IPod Control". I assumed we could plug the IPod into the USB and control it using the radio buttons on the dash and steering wheel, but nope. The only thing it does, as far as I can tell, is allow you to download MP3 music files from the IPod to the hard disk. When you plug in the IPod and go to Import Music screen, an "IPOD Control" option appears on the screen. You select this option and it automatically copies all the MP3's (not the Itunes songs you bought, just any MP3's you happended to put on your IPod). The MP3's get all copied to a Playlist called "IPOD Control" on the hard disk. That's all it does! For my wife, it was actually a little bit useful since she had a fair amount of MP3's on her IPod and the day she got her car, she quickly had her MP3's on the hard drive. She likes to use the Random feature while listening to a playlist so having a bunch of songs dumped into the single playlist called "IPOD Control" actually worked pretty well for her. But obviously we were disappointed by the lack of functionality. I suspect Chrysler had good intentions with the IPOD Control feature, but engineering couldn't get the job done and nobody told marketing so they still list it as a feature. I suppose it's possible they could get it working with a future software update.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...