2.4 journey

Hey everyone ? 

I’ve got a 2015 dodge journey se plus (Canadian) just clicked over 101500KM I have a question about the 2.4. I’ve done some research on the ancient 4 speed slush box autostick and 6speed auto transmissions, specifically the 200 6 speed, it seems to bolt straight up the journey. Has anyone tried this swap? I feel like having two extra gears and a tighter ratio could really open up this car and help with efficiency and make it somewhat decent to drive, If someone has done it what other parts would one need? Apart from the obvious transmission. Would there have to be an ECU relearn? Or can I just swap in a 200 ECU and call it a day? Would I need a whole new harness or will the standard harness be a plug and play? I really wanna give this a go as it’s a swap that I feel will definitely work and has some real potential. 

Also the transmission codes are the same, 62TE, so theoretically the 3.6 tranny can bolt up too? 

Welcome to the forums. The 200 vehicles always had a 9 speed ZF transmission for both engines.  It’s  2.4 was the tiger shark (bad oil usage engine) not the gema or world engine designed USA made Journey 2.4 engine (a decent but slightly noisy engine). Both cars had the same 3.6 engine with maybe different tuning.,

I have driven a 2.4 journey a few times,( daughter in laws)  my wife has a 3.6 awd 2014 Journey which I drive often. Yeah the power and fun factor difference are noticeable.  Although the 3.6 is way worse to service under the hood. The 6 speed is ok-ish but wouldn’t make enough difference to justify the time and cost imo.  Assuming transmission mounts and other issues can be dealt with.  The 62TE is not peticularly smooth shifting or known to be all that robust if driven harshly. Focus on something else to mod…add a killer sound system etc. 

From the google….   The 200 is equipped with either a 2.4 L TigerShark producing 184 hp (137 kW; 187 PS) and 173 lb⋅ft (235 N⋅m) of torque or 3.6 L Pentastar engine producing 295 hp (220 kW; 299 PS) and 262 lb⋅ft (355 N⋅m), both matched to a 9-speed automatic transmission.