Won't start after changing break switch

I have a 2014 DJ SXT. The break switch went out so I replaced it. Before I bolted it back down I wanted to make sure the car would start. It started so I went ahead and bolted down. Now it won't start. All lights, radio and AC come on so I don't think it's the battery. I still hooked up my jumper starter just in case. Still getting nothing. Then this clicking sound starts coming from the gear shift. Any idea what's going on?

That switch is very finicky as it does more than just brakes lights, it also works the shifter lock{what you are probably hearing} and also ties in with the push to start button.

Recheck connections on the switch and may have to adjust {somehow} the plunger throw for all to work. I've not had to deal with that switch on any of the 3 DJ's I've got, so good luck to you and keep us here informed to how things go.

There was a thread made about similar problem recently, this was from an independant shop owner . He found that the tab for the switch to work on is plastic formed on the brake pedal arm. He replaced the brake pedal unit and all was good again.

Being made of plastic, I wonder if it's pivot point is wearing and causing misalignment to operate the switch properly? Or maybe for this member, that the tab  the switch works off from is damaged somehow?

Edited by 5rebel9