Window fogging

Hello,

I have 17 dodge journey.   Recently started having all my windows fogging up while having the heat on.    Currently I have to either open the windows some to get rid of the fog on the inside of window.  Or I can run the a/c on with the heat turned on and it will remove the fog.   My initial thoughts are that the recirculation actuator is stuck closed and will need to check that.     But I also recently had to replace my thermostat. So I was wondering if there is something else I should check as well.   Thank you!

•  Group:Journey Member

• Region:Canada Ontario
  • Journey's Year:2013
  •  
  •  Topic Starter
  • team_journey_logo.png

Well thank you all for your great advice, the winner here is YYZ!!   I pulled apart the recirculate motor and tested, (pain in the butt to get out with no stubby) that seemed to be working and not a stripped gear like some had suggested. When I was running all the vents I was almost sure that I saw the recirculate door not working. So anyway I put it all back together and to my amazement everything worked fine! so like YYZ stated the door must have been stuck and not bringing fresh air into the car. After a long test drive ZERO fogging  in the car now! So we can add another fix to this repetitious problem.   Thanks again for everyone's input,

found this where I was telling you look               remove your glove box door and also the black cardboard cover under there and you will see the three actuators the left side big one controls the direction on the air that is sent to your vents that one should move when you change the settings on the dash the center  controls just the heat for the passenger side and I believe the right side one controls fresh air but not sure on that   you should see the arms move on all of them when changing the dash controls good luck