Distance to Empty problem

MrCods

My Dodge shows 63km to empty, Problem is no matter how much Diesel is in the tank it stays on 63km to empty.

Is there any way at all to fix this issue as it does not reset from the steering controls.

I am at a loss and I cant find any info on this problem.

First off welcome to the group .............so does your gas gage work when you fill it up from empty? I assume you are talking about the info telling you what you have left before running out ( distance till empty)....if your fuel tank is full and the gas gage is saying empty then replacing the fuel pump/level float  in your tank would be the answer unless you have some bad wiring somewhere between the tank causing the problem,,,if its just the distance till empty info sensor then I believe you are out of luck as your journey is at least 14 yrs old   and I have never heard anyone else complain of this problem...good luck and please report back on what ever you find out to your problem for others to learn from it....You could try to do a reset by removing the cables from the battery post I am not sure if yours has the battery disconnect near the upper firewall that we have on the newer journey but let it stay disconnected for around 20 minutes or so and then reconnect...does the same thing as if you are rebooting your computer might help and doesn't cost anything

Edited by 2late4u

On 09/12/2023 at 8:07 AM, 2late4u said:

First off welcome to the group .............so does your gas gage work when you fill it up from empty? I assume you are talking about the info telling you what you have left before running out ( distance till empty)....if your fuel tank is full and the gas gage is saying empty then replacing the fuel pump/level float  in your tank would be the answer unless you have some bad wiring somewhere between the tank causing the problem,,,if its just the distance till empty info sensor then I believe you are out of luck as your journey is at least 14 yrs old   and I have never heard anyone else complain of this problem...good luck and please report back on what ever you find out to your problem for others to learn from it....You could try to do a reset by removing the cables from the battery post I am not sure if yours has the battery disconnect near the upper firewall that we have on the newer journey but let it stay disconnected for around 20 minutes or so and then reconnect...does the same thing as if you are rebooting your computer might help and doesn't cost anything

Hi and thanks for the info.

Yes the fuel gauge works as does the fuel light when I am running out of fuel. It is only the kms until empty that does not work.

I agree with the nobody else has the problem as I really have looked absolutely everywhere with no luck (someone has to be the first I suppose)

I cant understand why Dodge didnt just put a regular odometer on the dash like every other car in Australia but I digress, It really does not bother me I just wanted everything to work as it should.

I will get around to disconnecting the power one day (yes it has the battery disconnect as you describe.)

Thanks again

Now on to the other issue I have :(

13 hours ago, MrCods said:

Hi and thanks for the info.

Yes the fuel gauge works as does the fuel light when I am running out of fuel. It is only the kms until empty that does not work.

I agree with the nobody else has the problem as I really have looked absolutely everywhere with no luck (someone has to be the first I suppose)

I cant understand why Dodge didnt just put a regular odometer on the dash like every other car in Australia but I digress, It really does not bother me I just wanted everything to work as it should.

I will get around to disconnecting the power one day (yes it has the battery disconnect as you describe.)

Thanks again

Now on to the other issue I have :(

are you saying you don't have  a regular speedo that shows you how fast your going? my distance to empty only shows in the info section.

12 hours ago, 2late4u said:

are you saying you don't have  a regular speedo that shows you how fast your going? my distance to empty only shows in the info section.

Yes it has a speedo. just doesnt have a working kms til empty.

I was referring to the trip meter above but I have since found that it does have a trip meter but I had no idea where it was until I accidentally found it today :)