Having issues with Alfaobd

Cesar Sal

I just received my Vgate vLinker MC+ and paid for full version of Alfaobd, my Journey is 2012 and almost all if not all changes I'm trying to apply come up with an error message saying "The ecu has detected that the request contains parameters with values outside allowable range."

Screenshot_2023-11-25-14-58-42-882_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.thumb.jpg.fa9a1e02d51fd986d7fcddba010854a7.jpg

I wanted to add a Highline Key Fob with remote start to enable that feature and after entering the pin that error message comes up, also while trying to look for the option of seat belt chime and global down, they are nowhere to be found.

Screenshot_2023-11-25-14-10-11-178_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.thumb.jpg.658e03e5870f36e9217627dfc91dee74.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-25-14-23-06-249_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.thumb.jpg.a2249c9dffbccbd98f239fa1cbc95097.jpg

What could be doing wrong? I just spent quite a bit of money for nothing, what am I doing wrong?

As for the programming a "hi line" for remote start....

I tried to do the same for our 2011 Mainstreet and it would not take either. I suspect that even though I added in the hood safety switch, that the car is not equipped with the rest of the stuff under the dash to activate it, thus the same message. This MAY be a case of TRIM LEVEL an owner is working with, higher trim levels may work fine having the rest of things already installed by the factory.

I also have a 2014 SXT that I did successfully program in the remote start function and followed the same steps of this car when trying to do the 2011.

Edited by 5rebel9

21 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

As for the programming a "hi line" for remote start....

I tried to do the same for our 2011 Mainstreet and it would not take either. I suspect that even though I added in the hood safety switch, that the car is not equipped with the rest of the stuff under the dash to activate it, thus the same message. This MAY be a case of TRIM LEVEL an owner is working with, higher trim levels may work fine having the rest of things already installed by the factory.

I also have a 2014 SXT that I did successfully program in the remote start function and followed the same steps of this car when trying to do the 2011.

Yes, the problem was the trim level, a guy from a Facebook group helped me a lot and walked me through the steps, I had to select the medium program fobik level, I'm going to try the remote start today and see if I have any luck.

Did you try to enable global windows down on the mainstreet dj? I can't find the chime and the global down  options, maybe I'm not equiped enough for that feature.

What other feature/upgrades did you apply?

• 3 months later...

Long overdue update

Mid January, when we had some "warmer" weather, my son and I got together and retried activating the remote start function. We had to use the baseline program remote setting for his early 2011 Mainstreet, but it took and remote start now works. I have not tried any other items as I don't think the car is equipped with needed hardware for other features.It sure would be nice for some kind of user guide for how best to apply alphaobd functions to various years/models

My son is ecstatically HAPPY to have remote start for his Journey, now all that's left to complete needs on it is to get the A/C working and figure out/fix why his drivers power seat stopped working. Of course weather and his work schedule will determine how soon that will happen !

Edited by 5rebel9