I have a 2015 dodge journey 2.4 engine 4 cylinder ,172,603 miles .I've had my transmission rebuilt 7/13/23,the thermostat housing replaced 8/17/23. I was told a gasket was blown on my 8/17/23 appointment so blue devil head gasket repair was put in.now 10/29/23 my journey is overheating again.coolant level and reservoir are full. While driving journey is fine .When idle it will overheat until I start driving.When idle if I put car in park and press gas the temp will go back down for about 10 minutes then start to overheat again until the gas is pressed.When heat is on the car will overheat while driving.any help is appreciated.

Yes the fan does come on.i should include I do not trust the mechanic this work has been done by anymore.when I received the car back after transmission was done the next day it was was doing the same thing that had me get the work done (pressing gas and car not going anywhere)I I told him I believe it was the transmission again (got a warranty),he kept it a week said it was the thermostat housing which was repaired .I didn't have these issues besides the transmission until it was taken to this shop. 

7 hours ago, Tina M said:

Yes the fan does come on.i should include I do not trust the mechanic this work has been done by anymore.when I received the car back after transmission was done the next day it was was doing the same thing that had me get the work done (pressing gas and car not going anywhere)I I told him I believe it was the transmission again (got a warranty),he kept it a week said it was the thermostat housing which was repaired .I didn't have these issues besides the transmission until it was taken to this shop. 

then you need to take it to a radiator shop or a dodge dealership which will cost you more BUT they usually know more about their product than most repair shops