Whine?

Shawn855

Is this whine normal? I think it's always been there since getting the suv at 50k kms (it's at 125k now) but I don't remember. Seeing other videos on YouTube I can hear the whine as well but mine does it when the engine is cold and doesn't go away when it's warmed up. It's always there. 

Just looking to see if others here have this whine while idling and revving engine. Thanks 

18 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

yes i hear what you are talking about, doesn't bother me when i hear it on my journey, actually mine is a bit louder than that i think 149980 k as well

Thanks for the reply. Does yours continue to do it even when the engine is warmed up? 

Thanks

1 minute ago, 2late4u said:

will do it this morning just for you....LOL

LOL you're the best. Main thing I noticed is on cold startup it can be heard inside vehicle and outside. When vehicle is warm, you won't hear it outside the vehicle; only inside the vehicle if you turn off the radio and Rev it a few times while idling.

we just got home from the dr office, I didnt notice it after it was warmed up today... one thing tho, yrs ago the dodge dealership had to replace my oil pressure sensor and they had removed the air intake tube that runs from the air box to the rear of the engine and when they reassembled it they left the adjustment clamp loose and the tube was kind of floppy at the connection band for around 4-5 months,and  the journey was having a loud noise that went up and down with the engine speed till i finally tracked it down to that loose connection... LOL never trust any mechanic......

3 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

we just got home from the dr office, I didnt notice it after it was warmed up today... one thing tho, yrs ago the dodge dealership had to replace my oil pressure sensor and they had removed the air intake tube that runs from the air box to the rear of the engine and when they reassembled it they left the adjustment clamp loose and the tube was kind of floppy at the connection band for around 4-5 months,and  the journey was having a loud noise that went up and down with the engine speed till i finally tracked it down to that loose connection... LOL never trust any mechanic......

It's why I do all the work myself lol. Funny you mention the air intake story, because I JUST changed the air filter and since then is when I started noticing the noise. Coincidence? Maybe I'll throw the old air intake back in and see...

Edit: air filter, not air intake.

Edited by Shawn855

i use the K-N air filter that you have to oil,,,also have the cabin air filter K-N as well.... Both have worked out great for me and no problems at 149 k on this journey and also the eng air filter is the K-N that i had on my 2011 and swapped out to my 2014 when i bought it actually swapped it out in the dealership parking lot with the salesman watching me......LOL   so 12 yrs of use on it