HOW TO CHANGE REAR SIGNAL BULB

post-2497-075892900 1289743987_thumb.gif

How to do I change the rear pass side signal bulb?

I have new bulb but owners manually doesn't describe how to open?

Help!

Changing the Tail Lamp or Backup Lamp

Open the liftgate.

Remove the two fasteners retaining the taillamp housing to the liftgate from the inboard face of the liftgate.

Carefully insert a trim stick (plastic flat-blade tool) between the taillamp housing and the liftgate. Use the trim stick and hand pressure together to disengage the taillamp housing from the liftgate.

Rotate the applicable bulb's electrical connector ¼ turn counterclockwise and remove it from the housing.

1 Tail Lamp Bulb

2 Backup Lamp Bulb

Remove the bulb from the connector socket and install the replacement bulb.

Install the bulb and connector assembly into the housing and rotate the connector ¼ turn clockwise to lock it in place.

Reinstall the taillamp housing and fasteners.

I will give it a shot. I looked at it last night but was too dark. They don't make things easy anymore.

I can't imagine someone bringing it to Dealer.

Thanks

Nice Avatar too..

Changing the Tail Lamp or Backup Lamp

Open the liftgate.

Remove the two fasteners retaining the taillamp housing to the liftgate from the inboard face of the liftgate.

Carefully insert a trim stick (plastic flat-blade tool) between the taillamp housing and the liftgate. Use the trim stick and hand pressure together to disengage the taillamp housing from the liftgate.

Rotate the applicable bulb's electrical connector ¼ turn counterclockwise and remove it from the housing.

1 — Tail Lamp Bulb

2 — Backup Lamp Bulb

Remove the bulb from the connector socket and install the replacement bulb.

Install the bulb and connector assembly into the housing and rotate the connector ¼ turn clockwise to lock it in place.

Reinstall the taillamp housing and fasteners.

It is easy. What they said is spot on. You will need two screw drivers to remove the fasteners. I found that works best. BE CAREFULL! !! If you damage the fasteners, the dealer charges $20 for 5 (yes, you read right). All the car places I checked don't have our fasteners to replace them (autozone, advance auto parts, etc). I checked because at one point I needed a replacement and found out all this out.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...