Let's Refuel America Gas Incentive from Dodge

Let’s Refuel America Program

Official Program Rules

PROGRAM PERIOD:

May 7, 2008 through June 2, 2008

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:

This special Let’s Refuel America Program is offered to eligible retail consumers who purchase (Type Sale 1) or lease (Type Sale L) an eligible vehicle and take delivery during the program period. This special Let’s Refuel America Program is an alternative to the traditional incentive offers of Consumer Cash/Lease Cash and/or APR. This offer consists of a specific number of price-protected gallons of fuel at $2.99 per gallon* for regular 87 octane unleaded, E85, or diesel purchases, per vehicle in addition to a Let’s Refuel America Bonus Cash Program on select vehicles.

This program also contains the following elements:

The eligible consumer must have a valid MasterCard or Visa credit card to participate in this program. No debit cards or other credit cards are permitted in this program. A Let’s Refuel America card will be issued to participating customers using the customer’s credit card account information and must only be utilized for eligible fuel purchases. This card will be activated for fuel purchases only. The customer will receive a PIN number to the Let’s Refuel America card for security purposes during the activation process. All amounts to be charged to the customer (e.g. $2.99) will be billed to the MasterCard/Visa credit card that was registered by the consumer. The Let’s Fuel America card must be issued in the name of the individual reported as the vehicle purchaser.

Fuel purchases will be protected at $2.99 per gallon for 3 years, divided equally into yearly increments, with the below listed requirements (any required rounding will be first applied to year 3, then year 2 – if necessary):

If the vehicle uses unleaded fuel, the $2.99 offer covers up to 87 octane fuel, but not diesel fuel. Diesel purchases will be passed through to the customer at full pump price plus a $2 service fee per transaction.

If the vehicle can use E85 fuel, the $2.99 offer will cover E85 or up to 87 octane, but not diesel fuel. Diesel purchases will be passed through to the customer at full pump price plus a $2 service fee per transaction.

If the vehicle requires diesel fuel, the $2.99 offer will cover diesel fuel only. Unleaded fuel purchases (including E85) will be passed through to the customer at full pump price plus a $2 service fee per transaction.

The Let’s Refuel America program is designed to provide participating customers a specified number of gallons of required fuel (87 octane, E85 fuel, or diesel) at a $2.99 per gallon price for 3 years. Participating consumers may elect to upgrade their fuel quality purchases, and these purchases will be considered as “Out of Scope” purchases with the noted charges/prices outlined below:

If the consumer purchases a higher grade of gas (i.e. Mid-Grade or Premium) on an unleaded gas card, the consumer will be billed for the $2.99 plus $.15 per gallon for mid-grade fuel for a total of $3.14 per gallon (88 and/or 89 octane) or plus $.30 per gallon for premium fuel for a total of $3.29 per gallon (90 to 94 octane). All other grades of fuel higher than 94 octane are not covered under this program, and the full pump price will be billed through to the consumer, plus a $2 service fee per transaction. In addition, if a consumer purchases unleaded gas (including E85) on a diesel card, the consumer will be billed the full pump price plus a $2 service fee per transaction.

The yearly allotment of fuel protected at $2.99 will have the following start and expiration dates:

1st year begins upon receipt of fuel card and has an expiration date of 7-31-09

2nd year begins on 8-1-09 and has an expiration date of 7-31-10

3rd year begins on 8-1-10 and has an expiration date of 7-31-11

If the annual fuel gallon allotment is used, the card will not authorize any purchases until the next scheduled annual allotment time period is reached.

If the annual and /or program gallon allotment is not used during the appropriate time period, any unused gallons will expire and not roll-over to the next year.

If the Let’s Refuel America card is used to purchase fuel at a price less than $2.99, the price will not be adjusted, but the gallon usage will still be applied against the maximum annual allotment.

If the consumer’s MasterCard or Visa credit card is dishonored for any reason, the Let’s Refuel America card will be deactivated. The consumer will lose Let’s Refuel America card privileges until the consumer re-enrolls into the program with a valid MasterCard or Visa credit card and a $25 reinstatement fee is paid by the consumer.

Cards are not transferable. If a consumer sells their vehicle before the program expiration date, turns-in their lease before the program expiration date, or disposes of their vehicle for any other reason, the card will continue to function for the original consumer as designed.

This program will only allow one Let’s Refuel America card to be issued, and it must be issued in the name of the individual designated as the vehicle purchaser. If a Let’s Refuel America card is lost or stolen, the customer must call and deactivate that card and have a replacement card issued.

If the NVDR is reported with more than one name, the consumers must identify one (1) credit card that will be used for the program that matches one of the names on the vehicle sale.

Eligible consumers must enroll for the Let's Refuel America card via the Let's Refuel America web site (http://refuelamerica.pricelock.com) or by calling the Let's Refuel America Enrollment Center (1-800-866-4656) before July 31, 2008.

The Let's Refuel America program contains a $400 maximum fuel charge per day without pre-authorization.

If an eligible consumer exceeds the maximum gallon allotment during a tank fill-up, the program will cover the entire fill-up at $2.99 per gallon, unless the consumer has exceeded the total program fuel allotment. The Let’s Refuel America card will not function for future fuel purchases until the next annual gallon allotment is replenished (if applicable – i.e. if time still remains in the program).

Only fuel purchases in the United States are eligible for this program.

Fuel purchases at marinas are ineligible for this program.

Chrysler LLC reserves the right to discontinue, amend, rescind or modify this program at any time. See your dealer for any updated rules.

This program is an alternative to traditional incentive programs. Consumers who select this offer will not be eligible for the traditional consumer/lease cash, subvented APR rates, or Compass/Patriot retail cash.

PARTICIPATING DEALERS:

All franchised Chrysler LLC dealers who agree to abide by these Official Program Rules are eligible to participate.

MODEL ELIGIBILITY:

Eligible vehicles must be delivered during the program start and end dates indicated.

Eligible Models:

All new, unused 2008 & 2009 MY Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge vehicles listed in the “Let’s Refuel America Eligibility and Incentive Option Chart” below are eligible for this Let’s Refuel America incentive offer:

Note: All SRT models, Sprinter, Viper, Crossfire, Wrangler, Wrangler Unlimited, Ram Chassis Cab, and Challenger models are ineligible to participate in this program.

*The gallon allotment calculation used to determine three years of gas at $2.99 per gallon is as follows: 12,000 miles driven per year multiplied by 3 years, divided by vehicles adjusted combined EPA City/Hwy. average miles per gallon (MPG) (average MPG calculated via average of all body models MPG within each nameplate). Please refer to attached matrix to view individual nameplate average MPG and program gallon allotment.

Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge are registered trademarks of Chrysler LLC.

Let’s Refuel America Eligibility & Bonus Cash Chart

Let’s Refuel America eligible models Let’s Refuel America Bonus Cash Program Average MPG by model utilized for Let’s Refuel America program calculations Total allotted Let’s Refuel America program gallons

Chrysler 300 $500 20 1,800

Chrysler 300C $1,000 17 2,118

Chrysler Aspen $1,000 15 2,400

Chrysler Pacifica $500 17 2,118

Chrysler PT Cruiser $1,000 22 1,636

Chrysler PT Convertible $0 22 1,636

Chrysler Sebring Sedan $0 21 1,714

Chrysler Sebring Convertible $1,000 21 1,714

Chrysler Town & Country $500 19 1,895

Dodge Avenger $0 21 1,714

Dodge Caliber $0 24 1,500

Dodge Charger $500 18 2,000

Dodge Charger RT $1,000 18 2,000

Dodge Grand Caravan $500 19 1,895

Dodge Journey $0 20 1,800

Dodge Magnum $1,000 18 2,000

Dodge Magnum RT $1,500 18 2,000

Dodge Dakota Club Cab $1,000 16 2,250

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab $1,000 16 2,250

Dodge Durango $1,000 15 2,400

Dodge Nitro $0 18 2,000

Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup $3,000 15 2,400

Dodge Ram 2500/3500 Pickup $2,000 15 2,400

Jeep Commander $1,000 15 2,400

Jeep Compass $0 24 1,500

Jeep Grand Cherokee $1,000 16 2,250

Jeep Liberty $0 18 2,000

Jeep Patriot $0 23 1,565

PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY:

This program is compatible with the following program types, providing the vehicle meets all program eligibility requirements:

Chrysler LLC Employee Advantage/Employee Choice program

Dealership Employee Purchase program

Friends and Family program

Chrysler LLC Affiliate Rewards programs

Chrysler LLC Affinity programs

Automobility program

All other TDM programs

Chrysler LLC/Dealership Employee Bonus Cash programs

National and/or Regional Lease Rate programs

National and/or Regional Lease Loyalty programs

Incompatible programs:

National and/or Regional Consumer Cash Allowance programs

National and/or Regional APR programs

National and/or Regional Lease Cash programs

Compass/Patriot Retail Cash

It doesn't say that there is a maximum, so if Gas hits $4.50 a gallon, which isn't out of the realm, then it is indeed a good deal.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that I want to give up my $1,000 incentive.

The Gas card is definitely a gamble. $.59 a gallon in either direction could make all of the difference.

:hysterical: 4.50/gallon, try living right on top of it and paying more than that. <--------- not meant to derail the thread, but I just giggled when you had typed the price/gallon

Canada has no incentives for the Journey,......... NOTHING!!!!!!! (from what I understand)

Rob

Wow that is painful. I guess right now our gas is about $3.80 per gallon. What are the prices up north?

Went by the dealer today... No new updates on my order. It is still in line for it's build. What ever that means. It has been at this stage for 2 weeks now. The Plant excepted the order 2 weeks ago. Cool thing it seems that the $2.99 a gallon gimmick is working. My sales rep says they have sold 3 Journey's and 5 - 7 calibers and a few nitros. Gas here in the Phoenix area is $3.51 a gallon but I am sure it will go up some more since oil keeps going up. California is already at $4 a gallon. Not quite as high as Canada but we seem to be catching up.

I will be happy if my Journey ships on the 16th. That would mean I would get mine a week or so later.

Seth

• 2 weeks later...