Opinions On New Alloys

paulnat

Hi what do you think these alloys will look like on a Black 2010 Journey SE. Need some opinions, getting my car next week and some new alloys will be the first addition, then the tints. Will upload pics when its sorted. Also if you change to 19" alloys from the original 16" what do you need to do? :blink: Will the car still drive fine and the wheels wont scrape on the wheel arches will they? Cheers. Paul

post-2188-025092400 1281904964_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply I have no idea what that means, but the website says they supply alloys for any cars, just enter make and model when filling in the postal thing and they will make sure the right ones get to you. Think that sounds ok? Going to change the alloys now to these ones I think. What do you think?

post-2188-044545800 1282067380_thumb.jpg

Are you sure you want 19'' ?? to date there is only one manufacturer ( that i know of ) that make the tire size 225-55-19 and it's the factory Kumho Solus ... they are not common and hard to get.

my suggestion is to go for 17'' with size 225-65-17 , this size is very common and lot of tires choice. But .. hey .. it's your call :)

Right sorry for sounding thick, but if I buy these alloys they are 5X114 7.5 JX 18" ET40 will they fit and they tyre size is 235/50/18. Or would it be ok if I bought the alloys from there and the tyres from somewhere else. Im confused now dont have a clue what all this means. The website is on the pics, but these sizes are quoted are from ebay the title is Dodge Journey alloys and tyres. :rant2: take a look and pleasee help me

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-ST-HUSTLE-ALLOY-WHEELS-DODGE-JOURNEY-TYRES-/140439659922?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET

I cant see how the title can be that if they dont fit that car :rant: Thanks again. Paul

Right sorry for sounding thick, but if I buy these alloys they are 5X114 7.5 JX 18" ET40 will they fit and they tyre size is 235/50/18. Or would it be ok if I bought the alloys from there and the tyres from somewhere else. Im confused now dont have a clue what all this means. The website is on the pics, but these sizes are quoted are from ebay the title is Dodge Journey alloys and tyres. :rant2: take a look and pleasee help me

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-ST-HUSTLE-ALLOY-WHEELS-DODGE-JOURNEY-TYRES-/140439659922?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET

I cant see how the title can be that if they dont fit that car :rant: Thanks again. Paul

with 18'' correct tire size is 225-60-18 ... with size 2XX-50-18 your speedometer will be off and it will not indicate your real speed. Also 225-60-18 size appears to have more choice of tire than 19''

Right Ok thank you, last question, could I buy the alloys 5x114 and then buy the tryes you said to fit them? Will that work fine and how much will your speedometer be off...Just 1mph or quite a difference? Thanks alot.

If you go ahead and buy these alloys , you're going to have a hard time installing them.

The wheel nut pattern on the Journey is " 5 x 127".

5 x 114 will not fit.

My opinion, look for a shop that knows what they are doing. If they don't even know the bolt pattern for your vehicle what else are they going to screw up?