Order our Black SXT AWD

dencord123

Hello my name is Brenda and last night hubby and I order a Black Sxt AWD with almost all the options. I think the only thing we did not get was the sun roof and smokeing package. Our sales person said wait is 8 weeks. He said one took 5 week and another one he order took 12 so he is guessing on 8 weeks.

I do have a question is the Chrome door handles only in the R/T Model.

Yeah chrome door handles and roof rack side rails are on the R/T.

We've got a Black SXT and I like everything black! Even the lower rocker panel that's black fits in. R/Ts are body colored but with a Black SXT it is close to body color :)

The leather R/T seats got blasted in Car and Driver, I didn't think they were THAT hard when I sat in an R/T and I actually like how firm the cloth seats are in the SXT.

Yeah chrome door handles and roof rack side rails are on the R/T.

We've got a Black SXT and I like everything black! Even the lower rocker panel that's black fits in. R/Ts are body colored but with a Black SXT it is close to body color :)

The leather R/T seats got blasted in Car and Driver, I didn't think they were THAT hard when I sat in an R/T and I actually like how firm the cloth seats are in the SXT.

Hey Brenda, welcome to the forum, lots of friendly people here that like to help out

Enjoy your wait, I am sure am :hysterical: you will go crazy waiting

Rob

Its only been two days and I keep reading everything I can. I want hubby to figure out how to make the front dash screen get to see the DVD's. also does anyone know what the Tv thing is.

Hey Brenda the TV thingy I think you are refering to is the rea seat Sat. TV (not available in canada at this time in the Journey)

There are some links around here with manuals and radio manuals as well. What radio did you order?

I like the comment "Its only been two days and I keep reading everything I can" yup, you belong here too :hysterical:

Rob

Ok Here is our order

SXT/ LDH AWD Mspr $24,905 Costco Price $23,015

Customer preferred pacakage 28t

Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Montone Paint

19X7.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad wheels $625.00 $550.00

Engine Block heater $40.00 $35.00

Family Vaule Group $295.00 $260.00

Rear seat Video group $825.00 $726.00

Entertainment group #2 $2495.00 $2196.00

Trailer Tow Prep Group $130.00 $114.00

Flexible seating Group $920.00 $810.00

Premiun Covenience Group $635.00 $559.00

Convenience Group 1 $695.00 $612.00

added Junnk fees

3.8 additional Gallons of gas $11.00

DENVER METRO DDA ? dont know what this is $270.00

DEnver Metro PPA/EB ? dont know what this is either $210.00

we were also charged for mailing $25.00

Destination charge $625.00

200.00 over FWP for Costco members $200.00

$32.190 $30,018

-1000.00 -1000.00

$31,190 $29,218

Of course we also have to pay local 7.8% taxes

Our local tax is 7.8 %

Ok Here is our order

SXT/ LDH AWD Mspr $24,905 Costco Price $23,015

Customer preferred pacakage 28t

Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Montone Paint

19X7.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad wheels $625.00 $550.00

Engine Block heater $40.00 $35.00

Family Vaule Group $295.00 $260.00

Rear seat Video group $825.00 $726.00

Entertainment group #2 $2495.00 $2196.00

Trailer Tow Prep Group $130.00 $114.00

Flexible seating Group $920.00 $810.00

Premiun Covenience Group $635.00 $559.00

Convenience Group 1 $695.00 $612.00

added Junnk fees

3.8 additional Gallons of gas $11.00

DENVER METRO DDA ? dont know what this is $270.00

DEnver Metro PPA/EB ? dont know what this is either $210.00

we were also charged for mailing $25.00

Destination charge $625.00

200.00 over FWP for Costco members $200.00

$32.190 $30,018

-1000.00 -1000.00

$31,190 $29,218

Of course we also have to pay local 7.8% taxes

Our local tax is 7.8 %

Wow they are adding fees like CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! ummmmm $25 for mailing fees????????????

it doesn't matter though, as long as YOU are happy with the deal.

As for the radio, Entertainment package #2 is the Navigation system radio model #REU

there is a PDF File for the Navigation system/radio exclusive to the Journey

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/mygig/ is the link to where you will find the manual for the REU System.

if the link does not work here is the path, If it does proceed to (1)

Dodge.com

For owners

then go to this area,...Servicing & Operating My Vehicle and where it says Technology click on the drop down menu and click on "how MyGig works"

once on that screen

(1)click on the "MyGig Resources" at the bottom left. The center column "manuals and information" has at the bottom this,...

MyGIG® Multimedia System with GPS Navigation – Dodge Journey Only

This model has UConnect® with Bluetooth,® and GPS navigation and is found only in the Dodge Journey.

Download Owner’s Manual

(8.6mb PDF)

this is the manual you want. This is for the REU radio with Remote screen and Navigation

Hope this helps you out, enjoy the read, there is alot

Rob

I agree with Car & Driver the leather seats are hard-& hard to get used to-power seats have less adjustment

The cup holders are also pretty useless compared to those found in any Chrysler van they should rework the design as you have to look down way down for your cup

I also dont care for the "high" panels on the doors as it is now difficult to rest your arm on the sill & the armrest is not that comfortable since they have taken away the old style tilt steering wheel

But it handles great & is very quiet & the info says I'm averaging 20.9 mpg @ 1350 klms

So far its been a pleasant Journey

I agree with Car & Driver the leather seats are hard-& hard to get used to-power seats have less adjustment

The cup holders are also pretty useless compared to those found in any Chrysler van they should rework the design as you have to look down way down for your cup

I also dont care for the "high" panels on the doors as it is now difficult to rest your arm on the sill & the armrest is not that comfortable since they have taken away the old style tilt steering wheel

But it handles great & is very quiet & the info says I'm averaging 20.9 mpg @ 1350 klms

So far its been a pleasant Journey

Hey Larryl, thanks for the real world impressions. I always want to hear from you guys as to what makes or breaks the car. Good on ya mate :thumbsup:

Rob

Hello my name is Brenda and last night hubby and I order a Black Sxt AWD with almost all the options. I think the only thing we did not get was the sun roof and smokeing package. Our sales person said wait is 8 weeks. He said one took 5 week and another one he order took 12 so he is guessing on 8 weeks.

I do have a question is the Chrome door handles only in the R/T Model.

My wife and I just got our R/T and one of deciding factors was not only the chrome handles, but also the other chrome trim as well. You guys are gonna love this car.

Ray in Mississippi

I was wondering if anybody knows how the factory works. The reason I ask is from my reading here I think because I order the Nav system my Journey might take a long while. But if the Factory does different models on different weeks then I could just get luckey. Or do you think they go by color or person bulit vrus dealer stock. Does anyone know the number to the plant or how to track your Journey. I saw somthing about once you get the Vin number but I have no clue.

I was wondering if anybody knows how the factory works. The reason I ask is from my reading here I think because I order the Nav system my Journey might take a long while. But if the Factory does different models on different weeks then I could just get luckey. Or do you think they go by color or person bulit vrus dealer stock. Does anyone know the number to the plant or how to track your Journey. I saw somthing about once you get the Vin number but I have no clue.

depends if you are in Canada then you are at the mercy of your dealership for updates, that sucks. If in the States there is a 1 800 number to call and you have to give them the VON (Vehicle order # and VIN # depending on the build status) At the bottom of my signiture is all my details to the date. I think I'll be the first in Western Canada to have the Journey with the Nav System :hysterical: Lord knows I've been waiting long enough.

Rob

• 3 years later...