Dodge Joureny Headlight Adjustment

Hi guys, has anyone had a problem in terms of adjusting the headlights using the headlight adjustment switch for their Dodge Journey? The switch has 3 settings, however I note the headlights only adjust when on the 2 nd setting. No movement of the headlight is evident when you select setting '1' or setting '3'. I had the vehicle at the dealership today and they replaced the switch,only discover the problem still remains They then tested other Dodge Journeys at the dealership and found that they all have the same 'problem'???

• 1 year later...

That's right. For years over here in Europe (at least) there has been buttons inside the car to adjust the headlights down as you load up the boot (trunk) with luggage or passengers in the back. Obviously as you load up the rear of the car the front end comes up so the headlight aim switch operates small motors in the headlights that adjust the beam down, so you don't dazzle people comming the other way. To be honest I don't know of anyone who actually uses this functon it always seemed a pointless to me.

The first car I knew that had this was a 1976 Renault 16 (Google it -it's French!). But instead of electrically operated motors there was a knob that you turned and the headlamps went up and down via cables.

Anyway it's there in my Journey but is't 66% not working!