2010 sxt with out infinty

I always wondered if the infinty package sound better that the regular/stock system. The bass in mine is crazy and it is only set a 6 (the max bass level setting is 9). I believe the opening is a 6 X 9 or a little larger. You could add two 10 or 12 inch subs in the trunk piece that covers the secret area in the trunk. Just cut two round holes and install. Your amp and everything could fit under there. For me, I don't use that area.

• 1 month later...

hey i dont know if anyone has tackled this but:

http://l.yimg.com/dv/izp/dodge_journey_sxt_2010_other_trunk.jpg

there is a grill there but no sub... what size do you think i can fit? has anyone tried ?

Did you end up opening it up? Just curious to know whats in there. I'm hurtin' to put my 12" Kickers somewhere. Mind you, it does sound nice and balanced stock. I have a 2010 SXT with the REQ radio.

• 1 month later...

Did you end up opening it up? Just curious to know whats in there. I'm hurtin' to put my 12" Kickers somewhere. Mind you, it does sound nice and balanced stock. I have a 2010 SXT with the REQ radio.

[/quote

i have premium convenience package and i don't have the sub.... i think you get it only with the MYGIG option. Don't know whats behind the grill , you probably need to remove the entire left plastic panel to sneak behind ....

• 4 weeks later...

hey i dont know if anyone has tackled this but:

http://l.yimg.com/dv/izp/dodge_journey_sxt_2010_other_trunk.jpg

there is a grill there but no sub... what size do you think i can fit? has anyone tried ?

I have the premium convenience package, non-Infinity. I've had my Lanzar 6200 amp lying around since I got the Journey, so the last couple of days I did some installing. Didn't want to mess up the bluetooth, steering wheel controls, or other accessory connections, so I bought a 2-channel speaker line to RCA converter. I used T-taps to tap into the rear speaker wires behind the head unit, and ran the patch cords along the passenger side floor under the carpet.

I ran power from the battery lead at the fuse box, and ran it just inside the driver side fender. From there I punched a small hole in the grommet through which the main wiring harness enters the cabin, and ran the power line along the driver's side under the carpet.

The amp fits beautifully behind the rear seats. (I have 5 seating, not 7.) I mounted it to the front wall of the luggage bin with bolts, and zip tied it to the carpet.

Remote turn-on notes: I could not identify a switched fuse in the fuse box, and wound up running the remote turn on wire to the switched accessory outlet under the radio. (What a PITA!)

For now I'm using my 10" Kenwood sub in a box I built, but I am planning on building a box to fit under the boards of the luggage compartment. Outer measurements

approx. 5 3/4" x 12 3/4" x 26".

I couldn't find a wiring diagram for the speakers, and after removing both rear doors only to discover that the wires on both sides are identically colored, I called Crutchfield, from whom I bought the sub. They gave me this info:

Right Rear: + green w/lite green stripe

- green w/purple stripe

Left Rear: + gray w/lite green stripe

- gray w/dark green stripe

Right Front: + green w/purple stripe

- green w/lite green stripe

Left Rear: + gray w/violet stripe

- gray w/yellow stripe

I took a few pics if anyone's interested.

• 10 months later...