Broken Antenna Mast

djk

2013 Journey with a snapped antenna.  The stud is flush inside the base, so I can't just remove the broken part and install a new one.

image.png.4221bcc447a2e77fef2386bbeec7d79c.pngimage.png.c6e95f993dbbda279de1c9f42a63080c.png

I haven't messed wit it really.  I've found the replacement base, have no idea how involved it is to change, and maintain a weather tight seal.

I'd consider an extraction.  It looks like maybe brass or soft metal?  It's not really in an "work friendly" location or position.  Since it's on the roof, secured to/through the roof I don't want to get carried away.  In it's current condition, it still looks reasonable. 

Anyone with any experience or knowledge how to proceed?  If I get a new base, I don't want to strip the headliner, never goes back the same.  Suggestions for removing the broken stud?

the antena just screws in, so you can drill a small hole in the middle of the broken part and then use an extraction screw bit to remove the piece. it shouldn't be in there to tight i had to replace mine but it wasnt broke off like that...........harbor fright.......

$999

• 2 weeks later...