2012 SXT V6 FWD AC Clutch Relay location

alkot

My 2012 DJ SXT V6 FWD AC didn't start, the compressor did not click in.

I found that the fuse #186 located on the engine's left side fuse box does not have power.

As per a diagram that I had found on the web (attached circuit picture), fuse #186 is in line between the relay and the clutch coil.

But I could not find the relay on this Fuse box. The circuit diagram (maybe it is not the correct one?) allocated both components  to the same distribution box (attaching my fuse box picture as well).

I am sure I am not the first one lost in this situation. If someone would tell me what I am missing here, I would gladly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

FuseBox.png

AC Rrelay Diagram.png

I think you need the wiring diagram for the safety switches under the hood as well.

There will be a low pressure and high pressure cut out switch to protect the system components.  You need a gauge to see what the pressure is to confirm if one of these switches is bad…or doing it’s job. Even a cheap gauge attatched to one of those refill kits. If a blockage is forcing off system, jogging compressor can blow a line or maybe burn up clutch. But I’m sure you know that.

John,

Your steps towards troubleshooting  are greatly appreciated. As you had recommended, I followed the pressure switch that connects to the Tower Train Control Module. The coolant temp switch. The Evaporator Temp Sensor and in-car Temperature Sensor  connect to the AC Control Module. All this data  is crunched and sent by Logic Bus to the respective receiver circuit. Then the Power Train Control  module compounds the data and opens a contact on post #79 that closes the circuit to the ground, providing power to  the clutch relay coil that closes its contacts 30-87, powering the Compressor Clutch. I still would like to find the relay and determine why fuse F168 does not get power from post #87 of the relay.

I suspect the relay is not working or it is simply missing, or I have  been missed by this wiring Diagram I have. (attaching the full HVAC system Wiring diagram)

In 2009-2011 DJ, the relay was found on the left side of the engine compartment , on the fuse box.

Unfortunately, I can't get information about where that relay was physically located in the  2012 SXT Model.

I am hoping someone that has worked on 2012-2019 DJ models can give me some advice.

I am thanking you for reading my post till this point,

Your time and help is appreciated .

Alkot

AIR CONDITIONING - Dodge Journey SXT 2012 - SYSTEM WIRING DIAGRAMS .pdf