2012 SXT FWD Output Shafts Gears Assembly

alkot

Does the 2012 SXT FWD V6 Journey have the left and Righ output shafts gears located on the same case lubricated area as the 6 speed transmition assembly?

Is the tranmition fluid level covering  the outpt shaft gear assembly?

the rason of my question is because the left output shaft seal was replaced and the fluid was lost .

thanks for your help

40 minutes ago, alkot said:

Does the 2012 SXT FWD V6 Journey have the left and Righ output shafts gears located on the same case lubricated area as the 6 speed transmition assembly?

the rason of my question is because the left output shaft seal was replaced and the fluid was lost .

thanks for your help

i have never replace a cv axle on our journey but have on caravan and yes the trans fluid is what you have lost .. i would assume you couldn't have lost much as i never worried about it before on our caravan, hard to tell you how much to replace since we dont have dip sticks no more ,you can buy a test dip stick from the part stores or go on you tube and there are videos on how to mark your oil dipstick to match up to where the trans oil level should be i marked mine like the video said to do and then i checked the level in my trans and it was exactly where i marked it to be

1 hour ago, 2late4u said:

i have never replace a cv axle on our journey but have on caravan and yes the trans fluid is what you have lost .. i would assume you couldn't have lost much as i never worried about it before on our caravan, hard to tell you how much to replace since we dont have dip sticks no more ,you can buy a test dip stick from the part stores or go on you tube and there are videos on how to mark your oil dipstick to match up to where the trans oil level should be i marked mine like the video said to do and then i checked the level in my trans and it was exactly where i marked it to be

2 hours ago, alkot said:

thanks for your help

1 hour ago, 2late4u said:

2late4u

Thanks a lot for your fast response. Reading the post related to the AWD really got me confused. I had lost hours of sleeping thinking about how to top the transfer case, LOL. I couldn't find the Draining refiling plugs.  

The video is very instructional . I am working now on the oil cooler and spark plugs, so my next task would be replacing transition fluid and filter.

cheers,

Alkot