2016 driver side tail light both sections dead

Hey guys hope everybody's having a great 2023. I have a 2016 crossroad. And I just dropped my wife off somewhere this evening and she said as I drove away the driver side tail lights were out both sections, but the brake light was working fine. So I did a quick look when I got home in the driveway and sure enough both sections of the driver side tail light do not illuminate but the brake light portion works. Is that faulty tail light assemblies or a wiring issue? I find it strange that both sections have died at the same time.

So it looks like it's a wiring or connectivity issue. I went back to check it out and with my running lights turned on (headlights and tail lights). I was occasionally getting a flicker out of both of the round LED light assemblies on the driver side rear. I opened and closed the trunk to see if that had any effect and it didn't seem to matter. So it sounds like a loose wire somewhere. it's probably more than I want to fight with.  I have a good reasonably priced mechanic and I'll have him take care of it