New here and wanted to say hi!

THEinfamousELI

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but new to the forum and wanted to say hi. Just became a Dodge Journey Crossroad owner recently. And in love with my vehicle already. And the fact that there is even a forum for lovers of this awesome vehicle is even cooler! Look forward to learning more about my new vehicle and all its perks and stuff.

On another note, I had a light/s come on and not sure what it means. My ETC (electronic throttle control) and ESC (electronic stability control) lights both came on. What does that mean? I would call the place where I bought it from but they were closed by the time the lights came on. And don't open again until Monday. I am new to the fancy new cars and the different indicator lights. Any help would be appreciated. 

Welcome to the group, i have a 2014 crossroad as well with 138 k on it.... as far as your lights any local part stores (I like  O'Reilly  the best) can scan your journey for codes, there will be some that chime in more info then i can give pretty soon.....when posting best to give mileage and engine size as well...take some time and look thur the forum site for a lot of info

Sorry, never used one of these forum things before. Yeah, mine has 153k miles on it with a 2.4L I4 16V MPFI DOHC engine and a 4 speed automatic transmission. I have a code reader but not sure if it will work with a newer car. Lol. Yeah I am definitely doing that. Combing through the message boards and what not to find any clue. I am a bit frustrated considering, as I said, I literally just bought this vehicle. But I appreciate your help. ^_^

Open photo

as you said maybe the place you bought it from can help with whatever is wrong ,no mention of any warranty from them but they may help since you just bought it as a goodwill gesture,,,Please report back on what you find out is the problem for others to see

Thanks guys! So took the vehicle back to the dealer where I bought it and they ran the codes and it was the throttle body that was the issue. Thankfully, since I had just bought the car, they replaced the part for me free of charge! Now my new baby is purring like a kitten! SO excited!