AWD Tire Wear

09DWBJOUNEY

I just removed my winter tire from my R/T AWD and noticed inconsistent tire wear. Though it does not appear to be to bad.

The right rear tire shows almost no wear. The tire still had the rubber nibs sticking out of it.

The left rear showed some wear including very slight cupping on the outside of the tire.

Is this typical of AWD.

The tires were on the car for about 6,000 miles and are 225/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler ST that were mounted on Tire Rack steel wheels.

Thank you!

DWB

I just removed my winter tire from my R/T AWD and noticed inconsistent tire wear. Though it does not appear to be to bad.

The right rear tire shows almost no wear. The tire still had the rubber nibs sticking out of it.

The left rear showed some wear including very slight cupping on the outside of the tire.

Is this typical of AWD.

The tires were on the car for about 6,000 miles and are 225/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler ST that were mounted on Tire Rack steel wheels.

Thank you!

DWB

No, this is not typical wear for a AWD. Cupping usually indicates damage to some part of the suspension. Do you remember hitting any pothole particularly hard? It could also indicate an unbalanced tire as well. Anyhow take it in to have your service guy take a look.

No, this is not typical wear for a AWD. Cupping usually indicates damage to some part of the suspension. Do you remember hitting any pothole particularly hard? It could also indicate an unbalanced tire as well. Anyhow take it in to have your service guy take a look.

I have over 18000 miles on my 2009 Journey AWD with the 19" rims and I haven't noticed any unusual wear on any of the tires.

• 4 months later...