HELP LOUD SLAMMING NOISE FROM THE FRONT END.

matt.lack

My daughters Dodge Journey makes a really loud slamming noise in the front end when turning at low speeds. It is so loud and violent that it almost sounds like it ran into something when it happens. When I first noticed it the vehicle was under warranty so in brought it in and they said they had to tightened some things. But it didn’t solve the problem. And by the time she talked to the dealership about it the warranty had run out. The other day it did it so bad that it actually twisted the drive shaft right off and broke it. Shop said it was a bad transfer case but they would have to special order it and it would be thousands of dollars. So I found a used replacement and the shop put it in. But today she told me that it is making the noise again. Not sure if anyone on here has had similar issues and if they have what they did to fix them. Thank you. 

B52D9B18-7FEA-4EE8-BAF2-3ADBC47F84E1.jpeg

i would return to the place that did the work on the transfer case to see if they can diagnose  what is going wrong to cause the noise  problem before it ruins another transfer case,,,first i have read of this kind of problem here