continental tires

2late4u

my tires 235 55 19 seemed to be making some noise, i actually was thinking i had a bad wheel bearing, making a slight roar noise when coasting slow around 30 to 0,  and in the process of trying to isolate the noise i ended up getting a nail in one of them so off to discount tire store and the nail was close to the sidewall so they replaced it with a new tire since i had bought the warranty on it, so then they said well your other front tire tread depth is down to 4 so they checked and said they would knock off 160 of the 230 price of a new tire so i said go ahead and replace them both,,, the rears are at 7-6 which is weird as i have them balance and rotated every 5 k and i dont spin the tires and the real kicker is they are rated for 85 k miles and since they were put on i only have drove 25 k miles on them, other than that they seem to be a great tire but hell wearing out at almost 25 k is crazy and then also making the noise which the dealer said that a lot of tire companies use a hard rubber core then a softer compound tread for the last part of the tire... wish i had asked if i could have replaced the 2 tires they were doing the warranty on with a different brand, dont know if they can do that ,  also the front end is in great alinement as every time i get the tires r-b i have the alignment checked at quick lane auto service center as i bought a lifetime alignment contract yrs ago so i use the hell out of it...LOL  needless to say i wont ever recommend or buy anymore continental tires again

In my "neck of the woods" and such poorly maintained CRATERED roadways, I never expect any tire to come close to "advertised" tread life. Perfect alignment or not. And I even turned down the offer to put 19's on our '14 sxt because of the same reason my friend feels of the shorter sidewall and less "damage free" impact durability to tire and rim. Yes 19's look good, but tire cost and our roads here made the decline decision a NO BRAINER.