‘17 DJ - Rear A/C turning on/off frequently, self adjusting temp

SashaP

I’ve done a basic search and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for, thought maybe someone here might be able to help.

2017 Dodge Journey Crossroads 

I’ve only owned it a little over a year and have had this problem since about 2 months in, but it was a frequent issue and now is becoming quite the irritation and leaving my kids sweltering in the rear.

Unfortunately the video I have is too large for uploading, too bad it’s really the best way to explain. What happens is I notice the rear A/C turning on and off, I select climate on the main panel, rear in the upper right corner. From there it is a challenge to get the screen to stay on fro t operation of the rear controls, it flicks on and off by itself. For the few seconds where I can gain control, I attempt to change the flow, unsecessfully, to forward from forward/floor, it goes back of its own accord. I try to change the temperature from 60 to low, again the controls of their own accord return to 60. None of the others screens or operations act like this on the main control screen. It feels a bit like the rear A/C & Heat are possessed, turning on and off at will in a 60 second period about 6 times on its own, if I am working with it to try to do my will nearly 30 in that same amount of time. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe temperature sensor in back is flaky. Not sure how it over rides an off setting on front screen. Try finding relays for rear hvac and swap them around. Some people just reseated a few gang plugs and it returned to normal. I don’t have rear hvac in wife’s Journey. Not experienced with it. There are a lot of posts about it on the site.