Driver and rear power windows don't work, Front passenger works fine

My drivers door control will not control any windows, but the locks and mirror work.  The rear windows do not work from their own control.  The passenger DOES work on its own control (but not from the drivers).  

Saw a lot of posts and youtube videos showing a broken wire in the drivers door jamb.  I finally got around to look at it and annoyingly did not find any broken wires.  I removed the driver door control switch and cleaned the contacts with no good results.  

Any suggestions?  I really thought it was the broken wire in the drivers door jamb because before the windows broke completely, it would be intermittent and one time I played with the rubber boot between the door and got it working again for a second.  

you need to test the contacts at the driver's door to see if its getting power thur the switch,if it did work one time while messing with it then i would assume that is your problem

Edited by 2late4u

IF you flexed wires at the "rubber boot" in the door "jamb" and it worked once,Then from experience you do have breaking wires inside there. Not real easy to get in there, but it can be done and inspect and repair any wires in there. Just depends on how mechanically inclinrd you are to overcome the situation. Also the contacts in the master switch {drivers door) ARE known to get "finicky" in operation, and not just to the Journey but also cousin Avenger/200's that use similar switches and door wiring issues.

Edited by 5rebel9

• 1 year later...