2018 Journey wont start

I’ve never had this problem before. My car just will not start. I called the dealership and of course they want me to bring it in but I’d rather not waste a bunch of money if I can help it. 

I had press my start button with my key fob and the engine still wouldn’t start but all these lights and windshield wipers went on. I’ll have my husband help me jump the car just in case that’s the problem this weekend. 

337FFF43-9349-4E61-8F2B-6DF42B121207.jpeg

IF you mean REMOTE FOB start....has the yellow check engine light been on when driving ther car before your posting here? IF SO the remote start function is DEACTIVATED due to check engine light and trouble codes being stored in the cars computer.

IF all lights(interior or headlights) work brightly, then it may not be FULLY in the PARK position of the gear shift.

A 2018 with a 4 to almost 5 year old battery(original?) is about at it's end of life expectancy. Let us know if a jump start or recharging the battery gets it started. and strongly consider replacing the battery.

And WELCOME TO THE FORUM!  :)

9 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

IF you mean REMOTE FOB start....has the yellow check engine light been on when driving ther car before your posting here? IF SO the remote start function is DEACTIVATED due to check engine light and trouble codes being stored in the cars computer.

IF all lights(interior or headlights) work brightly, then it may not be FULLY in the PARK position of the gear shift.

A 2018 with a 4 to almost 5 year old battery(original?) is about at it's end of life expectancy. Let us know if a jump start or recharging the battery gets it started. and strongly consider replacing the battery.

Thank you! Check engine light was not on before. The only light that was on previously was the tire one. 

I’m hoping it was just the battery. I haven’t replaced it yet so I’m hoping ??. 

i concur that you need a new battery,,,,,your inside lights are acting like most journeys do when the battery goes bad,,, also have the hubby check out the youtube videos on how to replace the battery and clean the connectors with a battery wire tool and use some battery preventive spray on the connections are he gets them nice and tight

Edited by 2late4u

2 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

i believe she means she used the fob to push the start button and it still didnt start,,,,,,,,,,by the way it would also be a great idea to invest in new fob batteries as well