Horn erratically going off

Hi this is my first post maybe I am at the wrong place but anyhow hi again. 

I am attempting  to see if the horn issues of old has been solved. My wife DJ 2010 has the "curse of the horn" which goes off by it self and gets the attention of my whole neighborhood and also their indignation .

It's been a problem approximately 10 to 8 months now 

I am unable to find a solution I would be extremely happy if I can be pointed in the right direction. Lots of information about about clock springs  etcetera  but no one seems to have a real popular opinion and guarantee outcome for this particular problem  

Is there been recall ?

Thanks 

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes you have a mostly common problem with the early gen Journey and a few of it's cousin vehicles(200/Sebring/Avenger/ Dakota). This problem can have a number of causes to have to track down(and it's not quick and easy). Most have found either a worn door latch/or wiring to one OR a faulty circuit inside the TIPM/ Fuse panel out in the engine compartment.

GOOD LUCK!

Shout out to 5rebel9 and John/Horace  thanks A lot for your input  I will try by going in easy to do on direction first  

Thinking  of installing  as temporary  fail safe a toggle sw in horn circuit while  I troubleshoot it in the summer as it is still cold and no indoor parking   

The latch  sounds like the next step 

How do check for  a faulty  latch?

Thanks again