Clock spring for 2008 Journey

The airbag warning light in my 2008 2.0 Diesel Dodge Journey is on and according to my dealer the reason is a faulty clock spring inside the steering wheel.

I have now been waiting a spare for that already for two months and My Dodge dealer here in Finland does not have a clue about the deliver time.

My Journey did not pass the Finnish vehicle safety inspection last month because of that warning light and after three weeks from now I have to leave it to the garage until the problem has been fixed.

I really would appreciate any idea or perhaps a link where I could get one to Finland.

Are you sure it IS the clock spring? What is the BCM code that is turning on the light  (to be sure of the needed repair).

Check out  rockauto.com. Have an acquaintance in Finland with a Dodge Charger, and had an Avenger and a Caliber. Got a lot of parts thru this parts company. Shipping and YOUR Nations "fee's" brings the price up notably, but delivery was always fairly quick.

On 20.1.2022 at 4:02 PM, 5rebel9 said:

Are you sure it IS the clock spring? What is the BCM code that is turning on the light  (to be sure of the needed repair).

Check out  rockauto.com. Have an acquaintance in Finland with a Dodge Charger, and had an Avenger and a Caliber. Got a lot of parts thru this parts company. Shipping and YOUR Nations "fee's" brings the price up notably, but delivery was always fairly quick.

That is what my dealer told me. I have not a reader but I had the code checked again at my dealer today and it was:  B1B02, driver airbag squib 1 circuit open.

Thank you for the link to rockauto.com. Unfortunately they seemed not have nothing for 2008 Dodge Journey 2.0

There was no 2008 model Journey, started 2009 model year. Date of manufacture could be 2008, but it would be considered a 2009.   Oem part is out of stock, two aftermarket listed. I would reset all plugs first with battery unhooked, might clear it long enough for your inspection. Might be safer to get number off your actual part before ordering, not a cheap part.

Good luck.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2009,journey,3.5l+v6,1442283,interior,air+bag+clockspring,10480

10298726-3F7E-440F-BA61-13D61E11134D.jpeg.d36626299a4e8060129ac54802a4efc0.jpeg8C0CBC2A-0293-4FD7-AE2F-0654E6188F1F.jpeg.07a96d17f6defca3c90f43d29c3e44a6.jpegCB3D5D9E-28C8-47C7-A1B7-A55F9BADEDB3.jpeg.2eaa17ccf32b52a9f87c9b49ec820cf4.jpeg

Edited by John/Horace

13 hours ago, John/Horace said:

There was no 2008 model Journey, started 2009 model year. Date of manufacture could be 2008, but it would be considered a 2009.   Oem part is out of stock, two aftermarket listed. I would reset all plugs first with battery unhooked, might clear it long enough for your inspection. Might be safer to get number off your actual part before ordering, not a cheap part.

Good luck.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2009,journey,3.5l+v6,1442283,interior,air+bag+clockspring,10480

Thank you John for the information about the year. I was not quite sure about it because the first owner of this car has registered first day of usage December 23th 2008. Thank You also for the link to the parts. I will forward it to my dealer. The Mopar part number is 05156106AG.

Here is a discount code. They are easy to find on internet, it’s for 5%.

Code: 191496924150009699

Your Discount is About to Expire!

Now is the time to order parts for your car or truck! We continue to add new part types and brands to the RockAuto.com catalog. See what's new before your code expires on January 30, 2022, 12:00 Midnight CT!

green check mark Daily Driver Parts green check mark Classic Car Parts green check mark "Dealer Only" Parts green check mark Accessories
Daily Driver Parts Classic Car Parts Dealer Only Parts Accessories

How to Use Your Discount Code

Using your discount code is easy! Enter your discount code in the 'How Did You Hear About Us?' box without any other numbers or characters for an additional 5% savings. Discounts cannot be applied to shipping, gift certificates, or to an order once it is marked as shipped.

How did you hear about us