Heat

Gord

so who did the work you give us no background on your journey? engine size and miles? are you doing the work yourself and what is your work capacity. is the journey driving okay,is it running cold ?what is the temp gage showing my 2014 3.6 121 k i just had to replace the thermostat due to the engine check light came on running to cold.

7 minutes ago, Gord said:

Ok 2010 with 3.6  and 130 km. The heat guage runs at a 1\4 .The garage changed it . Not much heat after these things replaced .

A V6 motor in a 2010 would be the 3.5 motor and totally different than the 3.6 of 2011.

Have your shop check the blend door(mixes heated air with vent air for temp ) and it's actuator for proper operation. Also under what conditions are you getting "not much heat"? If it's really cold and you're only going a short distance, NO vehicle will give full heat with less than a good 10 minutes driving at speed. Urban "crawl or less than 10 miles will not get the system that warm to get "great heat".

Edited by 5rebel9

5 minutes ago, Gord said:

It ran for a long time with no heat .It got a new actuator. Yes 3.5 .

Is the coolant level full? If just happening from work very recently done, could be air entrapment in the cooling system. But there have been many reports on '10 models that actuator and linkage to the actual "flap door" inside the HVAC box not working. You say new actuator also, have them dig a bit deeper and CHECK OPERATION rather than throwing parts at it.

Edited by 5rebel9

All Dodge product motors have a reputation for air entrapment when cooling system work is done. "Do it quick" work attitudes usually result in this happening without using the proper "bleed out of air". I doubt a water pump unless the car "boils over, but due to age and even you can do it is to buy a new radiator cap(a $10 part). 

A water pump is a BIG JOB on the 3.5 and should include a new TIMING BELT and Tensioner .... VERY expensive job, But TIMING BELT (not alternator belt) is recommended replacement of 7 years or 105k miles WHICHEVER comes first. 

Edited by 5rebel9

Well good luck to you in getting that "squared away". if you wish to get more familiar with just how your Journey's systems work and what it takes to repair them, You Tube is a good source as it's a video format rather than just reading about it. Make sure you use 3.5 motor in your search(other car models use the same motor(Avenger/Charger/etc.) They can be very helpful also.

as mentioned make sure there is no air in system,very important.....also does your journey have a temp gauge that tells you what temp you are at,,,what i am saying my journey has the dial temp gauge and it goes exactly 1/2 way between cold and hot and also a separate display in the menu that tells me the car is at 199 degrees or 203 degrees or whatever the eng temp is,,sorry not familiar with the early models,,, IMPORTANT what was the problem before the thermostat change did you have heat then????

3 hours ago, Gord said:

Ok 2010 with 3.6  and 130 km. The heat guage runs at a 1\4 .The garage changed it . Not much heat after these things replaced .

sounds like your problem started after the heater core replacement and new stat...wonder if he used the right thermostat as it sounds like it is stuck open and not letting the engine to warm up

17 hours ago, Gord said:

I here you on the parts.They are saying maybe water pump.He said all the hoses are hot.It was the ventilation switch that was replaced .

if the water pump was going bad it would be OVERHEATING not showing 1/4 temp you need to find a QUALIFIED repair garage,sounds like this one doesn't have a clue on what they are doing except throwing parts at the wall